What solution are most people using

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: What solution are most people using

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:51 pm

(SWGO)DesertEagle wrote:
On a side note, I'm seeing some guys be really accurate with sniper rifles, I can't even come close to matching that. At long range, I see the LOD version of the characters and the shots are not at all accurate. At close range, characters move so fast and unpredictably (and lag doesn't help). How are people this accurate? Is there a trick?

I am not sure, but some people have been telling me that I snipe too accurately... maybe it's because I have 150mbs of internet speed to counteract the lag in the server. I don't know if that is the reason but it might be a good explanation.

Although yesterday I was sniping and there was so many people online, anytime I scoped in Kamino the aim did not work properly... that long range lag was just horrible.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Trigger » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:00 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:
(SWGO)DesertEagle wrote:
On a side note, I'm seeing some guys be really accurate with sniper rifles, I can't even come close to matching that. At long range, I see the LOD version of the characters and the shots are not at all accurate. At close range, characters move so fast and unpredictably (and lag doesn't help). How are people this accurate? Is there a trick?

I am not sure, but some people have been telling me that I snipe too accurately... maybe it's because I have 150mbs of internet speed to counteract the lag in the server. I don't know if that is the reason but it might be a good explanation.

Although yesterday I was sniping and there was so many people online, anytime I scoped in Kamino the aim did not work properly... that long range lag was just horrible.

That's a bad thing about Gameranger: The Horrible Lag, especially on Vanity's server :grrr:
"Welcome to the Cantina, how may I help you?"

Aimer: "I'll Aim, you pull the Trigger"
Trigger: "Sounds good to me"
Trigger
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:03 am

CommanderOtto wrote:
(SWGO)DesertEagle wrote:

I kinda figured it out, you have to lead the target a little bit. I was doing pretty well with some practice.

At super long range however, it's very random, the character may or may not be where they are shown in game. I did have a funny moment as a heavy trooper on Geonosis where I saw a sniper at long range on a hill, so I fired a rocket at him. Hit him dead on. :lol:

Vanity's server is ok with the lag, at least for me. They did test something interesting the other day. They had Kamino with Obi-wans versus Jangos. It ended rather...quicky, obiwans just capped everything. It was pretty funny, but needs balancing.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:55 am

I use Vanity's server as well, it's a solid "meh." Only populated server though, so I guess it's okay. I like the 'one-mine' deal, prevents minefields. Guess I'll wait for SWBF3.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby WD-40 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:52 am

FaiL.? wrote:I use Vanity's server as well, it's a solid "meh." Only populated server though, so I guess it's okay. I like the 'one-mine' deal, prevents minefields. Guess I'll wait for SWBF3.

I'll never forget that one time I was in a hurry and ran away from a CP on the lower level of Mustafar (Heavily outnumbered). If looking at the map, I ran up the left staircase to the next level, but threw my 3 mines sporadically, one on the ground, and the other two along both walls of the staircase..one halfway up, then the other near the top. At least 4 guys were right behind me shooting, and I barely made it up the stairs and waited to shoot a vanguard missile at the first guy to appear. All 4 avoided my mines until a nub set off the first one at the bottom just as the helmet of the first guy appeared at the top of the staircase and the chain reaction set off the other two blowing all 5 of them into the air. The next comment was 'Damn u WD!' Yeah...good times!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby deadmeow » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:38 am

Those darn noob-mine-steppers always ruin it for us veterans who are careful to walk around mines (or using an engineer). Having the best game of your life, and then some silly noob comes along and runs over a mine at full speed before you can do anything and kills a gob of teammates at the same time.

Especially frustrating when you are an engineer, and killed by a mine needlessly.
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Engineer will always be the best unit. Shotgun (maybe flechette), detpacks, health/ammo. Can't get better than that. Pretty fast too.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:28 pm

yeah Engies are the best class for sure. But for the sake of variety, I try to use engies for capturing CP's or for playing CTF only. On other occasions I use the stormtrooper/rebel soldier, and it can be very fun at times if you know how to use it. You would be amazed at how people suck at playing the simplest unit. To get the most points in the match with a rebel soldier you have to aim at critical points, roll plenty of times to avoid fire. It can be very fun to use them at times.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [NH]Shadow » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:13 pm

FaiL.? wrote:Engineer will always be the best unit. Shotgun (maybe flechette), detpacks, health/ammo. Can't get better than that. Pretty fast too.

Yeah, engies are a great class - if you don't like aiming...or skill in general (sniper purist here). :th_a017:
'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:31 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:yeah Engies are the best class for sure. But for the sake of variety, I try to use engies for capturing CP's or for playing CTF only. On other occasions I use the stormtrooper/rebel soldier, and it can be very fun at times if you know how to use it. You would be amazed at how people suck at playing the simplest unit. To get the most points in the match with a rebel soldier you have to aim at critical points, roll plenty of times to avoid fire. It can be very fun to use them at times.

Oh man, I hate engies with a passion. I can't mine them, and they can move faster and detpack me easily with their det splash if I don't get a perfect hit with a rocket.

I've tried playing as an engie, and I have trouble hitting anything with the gun. Detpacks aren't too hard, but man some people can really throw them. Ironically, I got a long range snipe with the shotgun once on a jet trooper, don't ask me how it hit.

Heavy trooper is still by far my best class, always has been, even if team damage is on.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II