1:30 EST Battlefront Reveal

All information and activities related to SWBF2

1:30 EST Battlefront Reveal

Postby Jango_Fred » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:47 pm

Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Re: 1:30 EST Battlefront Reveal

Postby Hobo » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:22 pm

I want to be excited about this game... but I doubt it will be anything I'm hoping for. If it at least has either jedi vs sith, mortar guns, or throwable det packs I'll probably get it.

btw, any of the gameplay shown will most likely be downgraded graphically when it actually comes out... not believing anything unless its playing on my computer.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby BurzaP » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:46 pm

And still no gameplay. Just "ingame ENGINE footage" what means "look what video we managed to create with our engine", not "look what our game looks like". Basically, they showed us something that maybe totally not look like the game.They even confirmed on the panel that it was in a "cinematic mode". Video is great and looks fantastic but let's not get too happy untill we see gameplay.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby BurzaP » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:39 pm

Ok, so I saw 1h panel where they told almost nothing about new game but there was a gameplay on Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim (not online though) so can't tell much but IGN wrote they impressions:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/weve-seen-7-minutes-of-star-wars-battlefront-gameplay

2 things bother me much that you read there.
1. Multi limited to 40 players. WHAT THE ACTUAL [m'kay] Really?!
2. No space battles because, and please someone explain me what he is saying because I beleive my english is not enough to understand the point:
"Is that fun? For us it doesn’t make sense to create a battle above you if you’re fighting other players who are not there to fight. "

What does he mean by "if you are fighting other players who are no there to fight?" Does he suggest that someone joins server and plays space battle when he doesn't want to? If I remember usually people just were leaving server and then came back. Those who liked space battles were remaining. Other thing is - imho, they weren't too good but I really would like to see them in improved version. And they say "No".

However, we will have Falcon to pilot (love it) but another problem pops out. If you remember Hoth conquest then if there were any competent players in a speeder they could do massacre. I used to do 80-130 kills per map like that and yeah, it was fun - when I was a pilot. I'm really interested in how they are going to sort it out. I played in Battlefield 3 and it was ok - shooting infantry with jets was pretty hard and almos impossible.

It was also said there will be no single player and I don't mind, I don't care about singleplayer in swbf.

But why to the heck EA showed us some bullshots and pre rendered videos instead of gameplay that they have and showed on celebration? I don't get it.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:04 pm

I can somewhat understand the idea of limiting it to 20v20, you can have massive lag issues otherwise. Think about it, you also will probably have a semi-destructable environment to update also. Totally going to depend on the map design.

The engine seems perfectly capable of looking really good, we will see how that translates into the game.

I'm guessing no space battles is going to be a good thing with only 20v20, after all you need to have relatively small maps to keep the immersion going, and a space map that is small is going to look... weird.

Crossing my fingers, not seeing any big slipups from EA yet but not holding my breath.

The pricetag is too high for me, I'll wait till it comes down to no more than $40.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Jango_Fred » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Unfortunately, they didn't give us much to go on
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Hobo » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:39 pm

Man I'm gonna miss throwing dets at people. And spamming darth maul like an idiot.

RIP
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby Ain't of Judgement » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:25 pm

I expected some gameplay NOT this...

The graphics in this trailer looks nice though.
Ain't of Judgement
Community Member

Xfire: Aιη'Τ φf JuΔgΣϻεπΓ

Postby SWINE FLU » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:09 am

It's a nice trailer, but I'm disappointed. Firstly, that's not gameplay, more of a cutscene. It worries me how we're a few months away from release and they can't give us any gameplay yet. It feels to me as if the game's getting rushed out, which certainly isn't the thing to do. Just look at Battlefield Hardline. Also, there'll be no space battles (we'll pilot ships on the normal ground battles like normal Battlefield) and only 4 maps in the original game. That makes me think they'll have loads of DLCs planned out to add things like this (eg new maps) without adding them to the game so they can make more money by releasing an incomplete game- typical EA. Another thing, they've already put a preorder up. You can see they're just using this to fill up their bank accounts.

I don't think this will be the Battlefront the fans of the old games wanted. Won't be preordering, and will wait for Angry Joe to review it. Maybe I'm just being the cynical Brit, but I don't think so

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby Ain't of Judgement » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:06 pm

I found some gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXU5k4U8x20
EDIT: HOW THE **** DOES LUKE SKYWALKER HAVE A GREEN LIGHTSABER ON HOTH?!!!
Ain't of Judgement
Community Member

Xfire: Aιη'Τ φf JuΔgΣϻεπΓ

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II