Mod night Again?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Mod night Again?

Postby JROD » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Last year, around Christmas, I had the pleasure of being able to host a mod night for what was then (WGO). I recently left the Dragon Warriors, who hosted a mod night every Friday night for a period of time. I don't know what everyone here thinks about this, but it may be fun to fill a server with mods about once every month. Any feedback, suggestions, or ideas are welcome and appreciated.
Sincerely,
{VA}JROD
JROD
Community Member

Xfire: wgojrod

Re: Mod night Again?

Postby Darth Crater » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:31 pm

It sounds fun, but in my experience mod maps never work out very well. The vast majority of the community has no mods installed at all, and doesn't know how to install them either. It's gotten a bit better recently, with the Conversion Pack gaining popularity and more mods using installers, but you're still cutting off a large portion of your potential players. As I recall, we had a maximum of four players on for that mod night?
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby Chin » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:38 pm

I would attend, when wgo first got v. 2.0 arena mod server It was very enjoyable, however few players game on that mod anymore. mod night sounds cool, if the lag could be kept low enough to be playable.
Chin
Community Member

Postby White_Tiger_Zord » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:40 pm

mod night sound great
ImageImage
=(SWGO)=SG-1_F-302
White_Tiger_Zord
Community Member

Xfire: whitetigerzord
Steam ID: SG-1_F-302

Postby JROD » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:58 pm

Perhaps instead of making people download several mods that may not even work online (space endor didn't), we could play all conversion pack maps one night per month or something. If there is a spare server that is rarely used that we could run the maps on for that night, that would be excellent. If not, however, I do not think that mod night will be happening any time soon. Also, the conversion pack is well over 1 gigabyte, and I remember that it took ___ well into the middle of the night to load just a few mods onto the server remotely. So, maybe we could use only 3 or 4 conversion-pack maps per night? Any comments are greatly appreciated.
-{VA}JROD
JROD
Community Member

Postby Minwu325 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:30 am

I think all the servers have +123 2.2 installed.
Minwu325
Community Member

Postby JROD » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Then maybe we could do some +123 maps that are not just hero assault; the ones that are always overlooked. For example, there is supposed to be a prison break mode where one team is comprised of all of the heroes from Episode IV. Also, some of the hunt modes look interesting, as well. And we could use only the maps described above or the star wars Battlefront 1 maps with hero assault mode. With few people, hero assault mode can become dull. Matt, what is your opinion on this?
JROD
Community Member

Postby Mandalore » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:48 pm

There's also one for Clones vs Jedi, I always forget what map/era that is, but I'm pretty sure Crater knows.
Also, a problem for us steamers is installing mods, I can't seem to find anything to help me install the mod.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:04 pm

I think it's CW Hunt? On Coruscant, Felucia, Mygeeto, Kashyyyk (in order from least-favoring-infantry to most-) and maybe one or two others. A ruling is necessary as far as tanks, turrets, and the "Jedi Masters" that can be unlocked.

Message me whenever I'm on for mod help.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby JROD » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Darth Crater wrote:I think it's CW Hunt? On Coruscant, Felucia, Mygeeto, Kashyyyk (in order from least-favoring-infantry to most-) and maybe one or two others. A ruling is necessary as far as tanks, turrets, and the "Jedi Masters" that can be unlocked.

Message me whenever I'm on for mod help.

I started playing to see which maps sound fun, and I thought the two prison break maps were great. Also, one of the hunts on Jabba's Palace is Jedi and clones versus gamorreans. I also like acklay versus clones on felucia. I heard that there is a map that is something like acklays versus gamorreans, but I could not find it. Does anyone know if that is true or not? Any other map recommendations should be posted here. Thanks Crater!
-{VA}JROD
JROD
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II