The Death of Gamemaster?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

The Death of Gamemaster?

Postby Trigger » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:20 am

I tried playing multiplayer on Gamemaster for BF2, and now I have the same problem I did with regular battlefront 2 multiplayer: it won't go past 0%. I'm not even sure if it works anymore! Is Gamemaster dead? I tried researching it, and found nothing. And if GM is really dead, is there a new multiplayer solution? Because I'm not going to be playing the new battlefront on Multiplayer anymore.

thanks.
"Welcome to the Cantina, how may I help you?"

Aimer: "I'll Aim, you pull the Trigger"
Trigger: "Sounds good to me"
Trigger
Community Member

Re: The Death of Gamemaster?

Postby WD-40 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:23 pm

I'm just surprised you are able to get on BF2 at all anymore. I only play Battlefront (3) on occasion now, and am now 'trying' to figure out the Bespin maps without getting my ass handed to me. Up to level 67, but just slowly moving along these days on gaming. Sorta burnt out. More realistic and some crazy stuff on Battlefront though :punk: .
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Gunner1010 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:08 pm

I purchased the expansion and now I find hardly anyone if anyone is playing the Bespin maps. It seems the PC version of this game is losing players by the boat load.
Gunner1010
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:47 pm

Gunner1010 wrote:I purchased the expansion and now I find hardly anyone if anyone is playing the Bespin maps. It seems the PC version of this game is losing players by the boat load.

Yeah, I've seen that, and it's sporadic. One day, no one was on Bespin or that one before it, but a bunch were on the original maps released again. I don't get it except to say, people HATE not being able to run their OWN servers as Clans, as more have been forming. Hopefully, Origin will figure this out soon, because 'solidarity' and the feeling of Team Family was an important part of BF2 lasting as long as it did. People are getting pissed and restless.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby FaiL.? » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:44 am

WD-40 wrote:
Gunner1010 wrote:I purchased the expansion and now I find hardly anyone if anyone is playing the Bespin maps. It seems the PC version of this game is losing players by the boat load.

Yeah, I've seen that, and it's sporadic. One day, no one was on Bespin or that one before it, but a bunch were on the original maps released again. I don't get it except to say, people HATE not being able to run their OWN servers as Clans, as more have been forming. Hopefully, Origin will figure this out soon, because 'solidarity' and the feeling of Team Family was an important part of BF2 lasting as long as it did. People are getting pissed and restless.

Couldn't say it better. Maybe a SWGO battlefront server on the horizon.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Gunner1010 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:08 am

Agree 100%, miss those days, wish and hope EA has that option on their road map.
Gunner1010
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:59 am

The reason people aren't playing Bespin on PC is because of the awful frame lag when heroes are present. This was introduced with the last patch. Each hero makes it worse, so having 4-8 on sabotage is really, really bad, as in half second pauses over and over. You even notice it in walker assault with just 1-2 heroes.

Bespin performed pretty bad for me pre-patch, now I don't even bother.

As far as servers with clans go, I'm keeping my eye on Galaxy In Turmoil (https://www.google.com/search?q=galaxy+in+turmoil). If EA/Disney don't shut it down (which seems less and less likely as time goes on), it could be exactly the kind of game we can reboot our community with. It's a remake of what SWBF3 was going to be before it was cancelled, except they are being very careful not to use Disney's intellectual property (no John Williams music, remaking their own sounds, etc).
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby Richdog » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:50 am

How do I get on gamemaster or gameranger or whatever via my Steam copy of the game?
All Warfare is based on deception.
Anger his general and confuse him.
Offer the enemy bait to lure him; feign disorder and strike him.
Know the enemy and know yourself; and in a hundred battles you will never be in peril.

Richdog
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: richdog89

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II