Sup. I'm new here

Join our community

Re: Sup. I'm new here

Postby Corpse » Wed May 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Welcome. Just to clarify, if you download the 1.1 patch, you will be unable to see the game's 1.0 servers and can't join them either.

The rules for the PC version's Hero Assault are slightly different than on the PS2. You're not allowed to use infinite choke, choke lightning, slow run or infinite block here.

The very best players in the game have quit, or are at least extremely inactive. I look forward to playing you when I have the time.

Also, be warned, on the PC version, you can pump the mouse sensitivity up to 100 and spin around ridiculouly fast. It's a big change from on the PS2 and many players abuse/utilize this (including me). :whistling:
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby {JOG}Neji » Wed May 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Which patch should I download then?

I don't see why slow run would be not allowed. It is pretty much the only defense against chokers that heroes have other than normal sprinting. You also use it for ramping/bubble hopping etc etc. Is it banned as in if you just whore it and slow run by everybody? Or your not allowed to use it at all? The choke to push match up is 60-40 in chokes favor, so its kind of redundant to not allow slow running of any kind.

Infinite choke... What can chokers even do without it? You have the noobs that sit there and infinite choke you to regain stamina and hide. For me I use it to sprint up and kill you IMMEDIATELY. No delays, I kill you straight up. I don't abuse the regeneration that it gives you.

And what if your a building away and you have them in a choke? The only way you can get them is swap to inf choke, and do a sprint jump over followed by a 1-hit ariel. I heard PC had some pretty different rules. They aren't that different, you guys just haven't learned to accept them as PS2 players have. I can make a lot of comparisons and come up with a HUGE argument for this, but I just want to get a little brief point in.
Retired SWBF2 (PS2) Official 1on1 matches with a record of 300-1

Once a failure, always a failure.

Do you understand now? You have no way of beating me.

Your destiny is to lose!

All this time I've been called a genius, so I cannot lose.

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Xfire: Lorchlis

Postby Corpse » Wed May 18, 2011 8:28 pm

If you'd like to make an appeal to have those rules changed, be my guest.

Slow run is different from block sprinting, so you're still allowed to put block up in mid-air to stop yourself going into "fall mode". I also think slow running for a fraction of a second to break your fall is allowed too.

I won't argue the details of the other rules with you; the game is inherently unbalanced, but that doesn't mean exploits should be used to re-balance it.

We had another skilled player come over from Xbox recently, and he didn't respect these differences in rules, and ended up being banned (not sure how long for). Even if you don't agree with the rules, please respect them. You'll have more fun playing on a server whose rules you disagree with than not on the server at all.

Oh, and if you've bought a recent copy of the game, it should already be version 1.1. If not, you can just download the 1.1 patch here:
http://www.lucasarts.com/support/update/Battlefront2.html
I believe the domestic version is for US versions of the game, the international is for all other countries.
Last edited by Corpse on Wed May 18, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Wed May 18, 2011 8:31 pm

{JOG}Neji wrote:Which patch should I download then?

I don't see why slow run would be not allowed. It is pretty much the only defense against chokers that heroes have other than normal sprinting. You also use it for ramping/bubble hopping etc etc. Is it banned as in if you just whore it and slow run by everybody? Or your not allowed to use it at all? The choke to push match up is 60-40 in chokes favor, so its kind of redundant to not allow slow running of any kind.

Infinite choke... What can chokers even do without it? You have the noobs that sit there and infinite choke you to regain stamina and hide. For me I use it to sprint up and kill you IMMEDIATELY. No delays, I kill you straight up. I don't abuse the regeneration that it gives you.

And what if your a building away and you have them in a choke? The only way you can get them is swap to inf choke, and do a sprint jump over followed by a 1-hit ariel. I heard PC had some pretty different rules. They aren't that different, you guys just haven't learned to accept them as PS2 players have. I can make a lot of comparisons and come up with a HUGE argument for this, but I just want to get a little brief point in.

I wouldn't go down that road. We have an xbox guy that is currently having trouble adjusting. PS2 and xbox servers are dead, this pc version is still kicking. Our ball, our rules.

here... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=279
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby {JOG}Neji » Wed May 18, 2011 8:33 pm

I will make an appeal. It will be respectfully done, with lots of examples to back it up.

I will respect the rules, but I will not come to agree with them.

Either way, I hope to see you on game.

:)

Ps2 servers aren't dead by the way. Still a reasonable amount of people. :D

Your destiny is to lose!

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Postby ATCStewart » Thu May 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Hello and welcome to SWGO! I hope to see you on HA. :gun_bandana:
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to feed a fish, and round and round we go
ATCStewart
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: atcstewart
Origin ID: ATCStewart

Postby Eyes Only » Thu May 19, 2011 3:07 pm

I see you finally showed up, wasn't expecting to see you here. Greetz neji. For the rest of you, neji is a ridiculous old school HA player. He is one of the best if not the current best jedi player PS2 has to offer.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby {JOG}Neji » Thu May 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Haha. What's goin on Eyes? When you getting a new Ps2 son?

Your destiny is to lose!

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Postby Eyes Only » Thu May 19, 2011 9:04 pm

Ive got a ps2, someone just stole my memory card that lets me play my modified copy of it.... the original disk is scratched to hell unfortunately
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby {JOG}Neji » Thu May 19, 2011 9:44 pm

That sucks...

Can't wait till the game arrives in the mail so I don't have to play a crappy cracked version that won't let me make a gamespy or anything. And I can't upgrade to 1.1.

Your destiny is to lose!

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Say Hello