Goodbye

Join our community

Re: Goodbye

Postby BurzaP » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:33 pm

But is it necessary to know who is in SWGO? Why?
Community is not a clan so when joining a server you're not looking for people from your band to have fw - in such cases tags are useful.. in clan. But in community, for what?
I chat with everyone, no matter he's in SWGO or not and I don't do a selection : "ok, this dude wears our tag, he must be cool. This one not, I won't talk to him".
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby Commander Sparrow » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Ah yes. I also happen to be rebuilding AgentSmith up from its past leadership, so I understand and I can relate to your position.

Like BurzaP stated, no one is forced to wear SWGO tags and I agree with what he said.
Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Xfire: jacksparrowcaptain

Postby WD-40 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Shalandai, if this is Just a video game and yet you are anal about 'tags', then to correct your statement, you really DO care. But, being respectful that you choose to run your MERC group as a one tag 'clan' so as not to lose your identity...well, so be it.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby mrjamwin » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:30 pm

I'm going to start playing again just so I can put on Merc tags along with SWGO tags and see what everyone does. :lol:
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Hobo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:27 pm

mrjamwin wrote:I'm going to start playing again just so I can put on Merc tags along with SWGO tags and see what everyone does. :lol:

I think floob beat u too it when I saw him in HA a couple months back.
It was like {JAWS}(SWGO)Floob[Merc] with some other tags that I can't remember, I might be wrong but he had like, at least 5 different tags on.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby toad » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:35 pm

A_Hobo wrote:
mrjamwin wrote:I'm going to start playing again just so I can put on Merc tags along with SWGO tags and see what everyone does. :lol:

I think floob beat u too it when I saw him in HA a couple months back.
It was like {JAWS}(SWGO)Floob[Merc] with some other tags that I can't remember, I might be wrong but he had like, at least 5 different tags on.

Oh I like, I wonder how many people/clans you could piss off in one sitting?
|=======================================================|
toad
Community Member

Postby toad » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:36 pm

WD-40 wrote:Shalandai, if this is Just a video game and yet you are anal about 'tags'

Because that is how gangs... err clans work. Duhhh. :roll: :mrgreen:
toad
Community Member

Postby Shalandai » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:08 am

toad wrote:
WD-40 wrote:Shalandai, if this is Just a video game and yet you are anal about 'tags'

And businesses. Mercenary Gaming is a licensed, registered and trademarked company.

In the simplest form, the tags are a form of advertising, and we enforce this for the same reason employers will ask you to wear uniforms.
Shalandai
Community Member

Xfire: shalandai

Postby toad » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Shalandai wrote:
toad wrote:

And businesses. Mercenary Gaming is a licensed, registered and trademarked company.

In the simplest form, the tags are a form of advertising, and we enforce this for the same reason employers will ask you to wear uniforms.

Oh I can't help myself now, I so have to tweak you for these dumb-ass comments.

Which professional organization did Merc use to obtain a license to operate an online gaming community? I wasn't aware that any existed or there was a need for additional professional conduct oversight to run an online gaming community. Who in their right mind would trademark a online gaming community name? I looked and Mercenary Gaming doesn't have one. In the off chance Merc actually paid for a trademark, yes you have to pay for them, Merc would still need to defend it's mark. Looking over Merc's site I highly doubt the revenue stream is big enough to support the legal fees required to prosecute trademark violations. I also noticed that since you sell apparel you prob are in violation of someone's else trademark. Which is kind of ironic if you think about it.

It is also pretty arrogant to think of your clan mates as employees. Merc either exists to the benefit of its members or the members exist to the benefit of Merc. Based on your comments it appears your rank and file members are nothing more than walking billboards for a "company" they prob don't know exists. If you guys actually formed a company I hope to god you had help. I could fill pages with the number of problems just in the formation alone.

:dots:

Ok I am done with my tweaking. Here is a dude with a surgical glove on his head, which makes more sense then the junk above....

toad
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Shalandai wrote:
toad wrote:

Mercenary Gaming pays Taxes?? :eek:

Or is it 'Not for Profit'? :lol:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

PreviousNext

Return to Say Hello