Willing to help? Or just selfish?

Join our community

Willing to help? Or just selfish?

Postby drummerhead7 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:58 am

In all my online experience, i have never had anyone respond to my squad commands/wishes. i have only had help 2 times when i was almost out of health adn i was being killed my neuro poison. this player came over and gave me as much health as possible. Nobody ever helps anyone online and i think people would work better together as a team by responding to the squad commands. please spread the word online. is there anybody here that would help a team mate in need? i always do
Protect the ewoks! Drive your speeders on half throttle!
drummerhead7
Community Member

Steam ID: Ninja_Cactapus

Re: Willing to help? Or just selfish?

Postby samonuh » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:19 am

It's a game
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby Jedi Power » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:36 am

Yeah... So? That is part of the game Samonuh. It is extremely frustrating to know you could clobber the other team by working together and almost no one bothers. Many times a droid is down and you call and you call. Eventually I have to go switch to an engineer to do it by my self. Then I end up dead. There are a ton of lazzy ass engineers that play. All they want to do is det someone and move on. 30 engineers standing by you, you call for repairs right in their ear and they ignore you. This is really a pet peave of mine. If you don't want to work as a team to overcome the objective, then why bother to even play a team game? Go play it as a one person player and det to your heart's content. :evil:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby samonuh » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:33 am

Jedi Power wrote:Yeah... So? That is part of the game Samonuh. It is extremely frustrating to know you could clobber the other team by working together and almost no one bothers. Many times a droid is down and you call and you call. Eventually I have to go switch to an engineer to do it by my self. Then I end up dead. There are a ton of lazzy ass engineers that play. All they want to do is det someone and move on. 30 engineers standing by you, you call for repairs right in their ear and they ignore you. This is really a pet peave of mine. If you don't want to work as a team to overcome the objective, then why bother to even play a team game? Go play it as a one person player and det to your heart's content. :evil:

It's a game. I have more important concerns than working together to win a pointless victory. I play for the fun of sniping...
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:22 am

Jedi Power wrote:Yeah... So? That is part of the game Samonuh. It is extremely frustrating to know you could clobber the other team by working together and almost no one bothers. Many times a droid is down and you call and you call. Eventually I have to go switch to an engineer to do it by my self. Then I end up dead. There are a ton of lazzy ass engineers that play. All they want to do is det someone and move on. 30 engineers standing by you, you call for repairs right in their ear and they ignore you. This is really a pet peave of mine. If you don't want to work as a team to overcome the objective, then why bother to even play a team game? Go play it as a one person player and det to your heart's content. :evil:

That is so true about the engineers...On rare occassion one will help...and a few will shoot at me to get my attention after I start to move on, just to throw me health and ammo. I wish that happened more.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby BurzaP » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:44 am

samonuh wrote:It's a game

Unbelievable, really?
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:03 am

This remembers me of another game i play called Far cry2.

In this game when you are shot down there is a 75% chance you're not dead.
If this happens you get 20 seconds of life and if in this time your teammates help you up you will live.

Now on this game this almost never happens...
If i see somone i will help him/her...and the best part is that when i do this 1-3 times with the same player they will return the favor.

Now i got the same on SWBF2 when im an engie i will help anyone i can.
And if player who actually talk in-game the ones we know....these alwayes return the favor.
There isn't a game when i ask for repairs then sudenly 3 engies pop up and repair the droids.

Giving ammo and health is another thing...this isn't frequently done as they wish to keep the stash for themselfs :evil: :lol: :mrgreen:

Anyhow if you help others they will return the favor.

Also the teamwork thing.
If you have a player you know very well...then get him on Xfire call and talk trough the match.
I do it with certain players and it is great! the teamwork improves a lot...instead of saying to your pall "i want health" you just say it trough the mic...

Anyhow i hope some of this will help.

PS. the thing i hate the most about allied engies is: they won't remove enemy mines at the doors...this is especially annoying on tantive.....

MT :action-smiley-043:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Jedi Power » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:56 am

Agreed MT. I have gone through a mined door more times than I can count following an engineer whom I assumed would clear the mine in the door on the way out. I go boom. My only satisfaction is if I take them with me. :twisted:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:01 am

Well, for what it's worth, I have saved so many teammates with Liea on HA that......well I don't know what. But it's been a lot!
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:08 am

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:Well, for what it's worth, I have saved so many teammates with Liea on HA that......well I don't know what. But it's been a lot!

true!

I remember well The trio of me yanoda and laserblast!
Laser being han while me and yanoda being Leias...

We use the Leias powers to make the team imume...they choke laser while me and yanoda headshot the attacking vader...same thing with the pushes...
They never seem to win if we 3 play together :gunsmilie: :lol: :lol:

But this is about the only teamplay you can find on HA :angry:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Next

Return to Say Hello