Setting Up A New Policy

Join our community

Setting Up A New Policy

Postby NiteRunner81 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Yesterday we encountered a travesty of morals in which the pictures of a member's child was photoshopped in a malicious manner. We banned the individual and he re-registered with a new IP and came back and did it again.

Tonight after my husband comes home I am setting up an admin approval requirement for registration. This will mean that I have to manually approve all registrations. I already have a new email address set up for this.

I would like to also set up a referral policy where one of you let me know if you are sending someone to register that way I know who to accept and who not.

Please, for those on the "Wall Of Shame" don't bother bugging someone to refer you.... If I find out someone is helping one of our banned members to circumvent their ban they will also be banned.

Another thing.... Patience will be necessary as it is the holiday season and I will be out of town two times this month (this coming weekend to celebrate my birthday with my family and for Christmas). And actually... Patience will be neccessary period. This will be a time consuming task but one I'm willing to undertake to protect our member base.

Thank You,

NiteRunner
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Re: Setting Up A New Policy

Postby NiteRunner81 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Until this is completed I am disabling new registrations. If you know someone that wants to register let me know and I will temporarily enable it for brief windows.
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby Tiburana203 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:43 pm

NiteRunner81 wrote:This will be a time consuming task but one I'm willing to undertake to protect our member base.

no kidding. its a great idea, but means a lot of work. thanks for the effort you n the other admins are making. :appl:
and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Postby crazyperson » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:40 pm

I'm assuming by the OP that someone just made an account under a proxy, which takes a six year old with IQ of 40 to do. In fact, it could be you. Or it could be me. Or it could be the ghost of Stalin's grandmother. :wacko:

I also hope you removed the original picture so nobody else gets any ideas... it's kind of tempting.
There's nothing wrong with a bit of hellfire raining from the sky every now and then.
crazyperson
Community Member

Postby Bailey » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:07 pm

crazyperson wrote:I'm assuming by the OP that someone just made an account under a proxy, which takes a six year old with IQ of 40 to do. In fact, it could be you. Or it could be me. Or it could be the ghost of Stalin's grandmother. :wacko:

I also hope you removed the original picture so nobody else gets any ideas... it's kind of tempting.

Oh god, not stalin's grandma again...
Bailey
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Bailey1020

Postby NiteRunner81 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:23 pm

registrations are open again and the admin email authorization is set up... Welcome to having more security...

Also disabled viewing of member email addresses on the boards. This will bring up a popup window or send you to a new page to send emails... welcome to convenience. You no longer need to worry about others getting your email addresses to spam you. Also provides a convenience to the forums. Enjoy!!!
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Postby Brazosgrad » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:47 pm

About time. This is an excellent move. My compliments to Nite for making this happen.
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Yep...well done Nite. This should help us a lot :appl:

Regards,

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:28 am

I'll certainly stand by the admins on such a move. This has gone too far, and if the people on this forum want to continue being here then steps need to be taken to ensure the peace.

I like this place, and every time someone throws up nazis into the mix I just get upset. I don't need more stress in my life. My grandfather on my mom's side was Jewish, living in Germany. His family used all of their money to get him out in the late 30's. The rest were killed in the holocaust.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby WD-40 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:55 am

Brazmin wrote:About time. This is an excellent move. My compliments to Nite for making this happen.

+1 :appl:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Next

Return to Say Hello