Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Re: Swinging through

Postby Dad » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:33 pm

I haven't started traveling yet. I decided to put it off until June when my younger daughter graduates. Things have been boring on an epic level around here. All the crap and nonsense came to a screeching halt about 6 months ago. Been spending most of my time getting ready to travel. Happy to hear everyone is doing well.

The go kart has been working and playing overtime, Haas. It's been a good winter for it.
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby Dad » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:44 pm

On the subject of traveling, I'm looking for language software. European languages preferably, german, french, and italian specifically. Anyone have anything like that they aren't using?
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby [NH]Shadow » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Dad wrote:On the subject of traveling, I'm looking for language software. European languages preferably, german, french, and italian specifically. Anyone have anything like that they aren't using?

I don't really use a specific software for language-learning. I just google "learn [insert language]" and there are a ton of websites dedicated to the language. Most importantly, to the grammar of that language.

But if you are looking for real softwares, I would suggest Rosetta Stone. Or try the Pimsleur approach, which costs about $10 per language. The aforementioned Pimsleur approach is a method of language learning that enables you to learn the main portion of the language within a matter of weeks.
'You've taken your first step into a larger world'
http://galactic-voyage.com
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:13 pm

[NH]Shadow wrote: The aforementioned Pimsleur approach is a method of language learning that enables you to learn the main portion of the language within a matter of weeks.

^---victim of advertising :lol:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby CommanderOtto » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:24 pm

haasd0gg wrote:
[NH]Shadow wrote: The aforementioned Pimsleur approach is a method of language learning that enables you to learn the main portion of the language within a matter of weeks.

LOL
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [NH]Shadow » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:27 pm

haasd0gg wrote:

:lol:
That's probably true. Keep in mind, I just said "main portion". The theory is that you can learn a few hundred words in a few weeks. It's immersion, than practice (so I've heard). It's just a theory however...Anyway, I don't learn languages through a curriculum, I just kinda pick them up through the Internet.
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

Postby Hobo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Dad wrote:On the subject of traveling, I'm looking for language software. European languages preferably, german, french, and italian specifically. Anyone have anything like that they aren't using?

Pimsleur works pretty well
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:29 pm

When I came to the states at 10 yrs old, I didn't know a lick of English.. even though I went to two different private schools in Panama to learn it. The best way to learn is to surround yourself with the language. I was put in a public school right off the plane.. won the spelling bee contest in my class one year later. I'm amazing though :whistling:
Last edited by 11_Panama_ on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby [NH]Shadow » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:30 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:When I came to the states at 10 yrs old, I didn't know a lick of English.. even though I went to two different private schools in Panama to learn it. The best way to learn is to surround yourself with the language. I was put in a public school right off the plane.. won the spelling bee contest in my class one year later.

That's pretty much the basis of the Pimsleur approach.
[NH]Shadow
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Say Hello