Hi chaps

Join our community

Hi chaps

Postby Corpse » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:51 am

Hey, dunno if anyone still kicking around here remembers me. Long story short, I went to uni, got a degree, didn't get a job and now intend to do a training course to be a chemistry teacher.

Thought I'd drop by since the new game's out.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Re: Hi chaps

Postby WD-40 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:50 am

Yo Corpse! Long time and good to see you're still kicking. I hope you get/got the game and look forward to seeing you there!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby sha-quan-jone » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:56 am

hey Corpse i just got back myself nice to see you, meet you on the battlefront!
sha-quan-jone
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:31 pm

Welcome back, and congratulations. Chemistry is a fascinating field.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby NiteRunner81 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:07 pm

CORPSE!!!!!!!!! Its NiteRunner here!!

Sorry to hear about the job stuff... well, I am divorced.... and changed my handle.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby Corpse » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Darth-Dirty'Flirty wrote:CORPSE!!!!!!!!! Its NiteRunner here!!

Sorry to hear about the job stuff... well, I am divorced.... and changed my handle.

Hi. The job stuff isn't too disappointing. Top universities aren't as financially crippling in the UK as in the US, and I actually saved a good amount of money over the three years. It was frustrating because all through school I got told "If you wanna work in science, you need to go to university". Then, when I was at university, it was strongly suggested that I couldn't go very far in science without a PhD (another four years without being properly employed and working 12hr days. It all got a bit disheartening and I thought screw it. I can go back later in life if I change my mind.

Sorry to hear about the divorce. Regardless of the circumstances I know how messy and screwed up they can be. Took my mum forever to get my dad to finally sign the papers.

A belated thanks for the wb, everyone.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Sir Bang » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Corpse wrote:
Darth-Dirty'Flirty wrote:CORPSE!!!!!!!!! Its NiteRunner here!!

Hi. The job stuff isn't too disappointing. Top universities aren't as financially crippling in the UK as in the US, and I actually saved a good amount of money over the three years. It was frustrating because all through school I got told "If you wanna work in science, you need to go to university". Then, when I was at university, it was strongly suggested that I couldn't go very far in science without a PhD (another four years without being properly employed and working 12hr days. It all got a bit disheartening and I thought screw it. I can go back later in life if I change my mind.

Sorry to hear about the divorce. Regardless of the circumstances I know how messy and screwed up they can be. Took my mum forever to get my dad to finally sign the papers.

A belated thanks for the wb, everyone.

Good to see you back Corpse.

I myself decided not to go to university in the end. I'm of the opinion now that unless you do a STEM subject at university, or are really focused and have a long-term plan of how you're going to get a job afterwards, it's kind of pointless. That's just what I've observed from friends who have struggled after having done things like History, Psychology or even Law at university. They've come out the other end with no graduate job to go into and ended up just working non-graduate retail jobs. So I just went down the apprenticeship route in the end. It pays quite (very) badly but I just remind myself that I'm starting at the very bottom, and there's still always the option to go to university later in life.

Best of luck to you anyways - I really enjoyed Chemistry when I was at school and I'd imagine you're quite good at it.
Sir Bang
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: sirbang1

Return to Say Hello