Redoing how we list and report donations

Information about donations received and how to donate.

Redoing how we list and report donations

Postby Matt-Chicago » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 am

Hey guys and gals. I've been thinking about it, and I think a better way to make sure our community survives and gets the necessary donations to keep the servers running would be to take any donations over $20 and apply the rest towards the following month(s).

Otherwise, the way we have it now, someone might make a very generous donation that they couldn't afford to do every month, and people get thinking we're doing well financially, then we fall on our butts the next month.

The way I see it, nobody here should have to donate more than $20/month. If someone donates more than $20, we should apply some of it to the future. So this month we had an anonymous donation of $60 that's one time, we should apply it as $20/month for November, December, and January. (this way big donors get their name on the donation page every month too :5451: )

Also, everyone is welcome to stipulate how they would like their donation allocated, like $5/month for four months if they gave $20, etc.

Make sense?
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Re: Redoing how we list and report donations

Postby WGO-Jango » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:01 am

Not a bad idea Matt. Spread the money over a couple of months while still receiving donations for the current month. Should help keep the servers up if donations drop off in a particular month.
WGO-Jango

Re: Redoing how we list and report donations

Postby KOko » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:40 pm

remember the sponsored servers idea back on WGO Matt... maybe it was not that bad after all. Thats like giving a generous donors a special rights to host a server of their choice on SWGO box and way to get admin status too.
who knows.... maybe Biggz will come back :lol:
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Return to Donations