Donations badly needed

Information about donations received and how to donate.

Donations badly needed

Postby Matt-Chicago » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Can you all tell that I:
1. Hate asking for money
2. Am bad at asking for money

Anyways,
It's been a few months since we've had any donations and I've just been paying the money myself.
I was only able to do this thanks to an extremely generous donation from Dad a few months back which paid me back for a lot of the out of pocket money I've spent on SWGO over the last year.

The last people to donate, back in March, April, May, and June were:
Bocca: $30 in March, $45 in May and $45 in June
Col. Hstar: $20 in May
Pootus: $50 in May
Haas: $30 in March
A few people who either asked to be anonymous or did not say who they were when donating: $90 total
(If I've missed anyone or you were anonymous, please speak up!)

So, since March 1st we've collected around $310, while server, website, and TeamSpeak charges have been well over $500.

Without more donations I will not be able to pay for the servers myself. Money is tighter for me than it's ever been in my life, and I'm not even buying baby stuff or child care yet (In my area, infant care is around $1500/month)

I'd really like to see someone other than the people who always give, make a donation.
Many of you reading this have played hundreds of hours on the servers and never donated, please consider making a donation no matter how big or small.

Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Re: Donations badly needed

Postby SWINE FLU » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Sent a bit your way Matt. Are you going to post donation threads every month like you used to? It would be useful for us to know when the money's needed.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby WD-40 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:08 pm

I'll steal some money out of my wife's purse and send it to you Matt. Wish you had said something sooner. :-|

Edit: Sent you some cash via PayPal Matt. Wish it were more, but I've got 3 college tuitions to pay for along with all the other bills. :wacko:
Last edited by WD-40 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Son » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:45 pm

WD-40 wrote:I'll steal some money out of my wife's purse and send it to you Matt. Wish you had said something sooner. :-|

Sorry WD...I already raided your wife's purse. I sent it from both of us.
Welcome to SWGO....Enjoy your ban

Despite what your mamma has told you...
Violence does solve some problems.
Son
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: caeduslives
Steam ID: jwfrens80

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:09 pm

Well I have to be honest, I assumed the website generated enough income to at least break even and that donations just helped to get higher quality servers. I honestly know less than nothing as far as how this all works. I'll shoot you a pm MC because I don't have any "internet" money.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby haasd0gg » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:43 pm

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:Well I have to be honest, I assumed the website generated enough income to at least break even and that donations just helped to get higher quality servers. I honestly know less than nothing as far as how this all works. I'll shoot you a pm MC because I don't have any "internet" money.

Unless I'm wrong, to date the website has generated approximately $0 :punk:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby (SWGO)Johnny » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:57 pm

How exactly do I donate?
:6438: (SWGO)Johnny :6438:
(SWGO)Johnny
Community Member

Xfire: swgojohnny

Postby Gamer 5968 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:00 pm

I wasn't really aware of the current situation, sorry about not donating. Is $10-20 ok for now?

EDIT: I sent some money at April I believe.
Gamer 5968

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:06 pm

haasd0gg wrote:
MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:Well I have to be honest, I assumed the website generated enough income to at least break even and that donations just helped to get higher quality servers. I honestly know less than nothing as far as how this all works. I'll shoot you a pm MC because I don't have any "internet" money.

Unless I'm wrong, to date the website has generated approximately $0 :punk:

See, I don't have a clue.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby WD-40 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Johnny wrote:How exactly do I donate?

If you have a credit card, pay thru Paypal by clicking on the yellow 'Donate' button...if you're too young for that, either have a parent do it for you and pay them back or PM Matt and he'll tell you another way.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Next

Return to Donations