SWGO Donations

Information about donations received and how to donate.

SWGO Donations

Postby WD-40 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:12 am

I just made a donation to SWGO to help keep the servers going. It's been awhile due to many expenses of my own. If you look at the thread started by Matt Chicago titled 'Donations badly needed', you will see not only how bad we need them, but also how our Leader 'Matt' has taken a beating financially keeping the Servers going as well as raising a new child. That being said, many have complained of lag on the servers. Better servers cost money, and without enough donations, we are lucky to have any servers at all. There are many new Players online playing on the 3 SWGO servers. Even if you just donated a dollar or two each month, combined with each of you doing so, would all add up to a good sum that would not only support the cost of having the servers, but could help us get better ones.

Think about how many hours each week, or even 'each month' you play on SWGO. If you donated a couple dollars, how many cents per hour would it cost you? Just a few cents, I'm sure. Very affordable.

I have attached a link to donate below. If that doesn't work well for you, contact 'Niterunner' and she can help you figure it out. Please donate!

Thanks!

WD

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... id=7609864
Last edited by NiteRunner81 on Fri May 24, 2013 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixing my name you bloody bloke.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Re: SWGO Donations

Postby CommanderOtto » Fri May 24, 2013 4:28 am

I'll be making a donation soon.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Hobo » Fri May 24, 2013 2:24 pm

I sent 10$ a few weeks ago. Also, can Matt start making donation threads again. It would a nice reminder.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Fri May 24, 2013 4:10 pm

If I become rich in the next 3 months, I'll make a $1,000 donation.
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby Gunner1010 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Done.
Gunner1010
Community Member

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Matt is quite busy with new fatherhood (his son was rehospitalized for the flu shortly after birth and may still have complications from that) so I'm gonna talk to him later about taking over the donation "drives". I am pretty good with raising money. I just donated $25 as well and will be making a bigger donation once I have my garage sale.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby Draigun » Sat May 25, 2013 5:00 am

Sent my contribution.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Sun May 26, 2013 9:27 pm

people are going to hate my suggestion simply because it comes from me, but...

Gamerz purchased a high end server 3 years ago and placed it in a rather inexpensive co-location server farm. As a monthly payment it was about 180 a month until the server was paid off (12 months) and then the cost was $50/mo (plus yearly domain name fees).

You could buy an off lease server for $250-$350 and plop it into a a colo for $50 a mo. You'd have more control, better ping and as many servers running as your box can handle. (Single server CPU handle 2-4 SWBFII per core).

Different colocation houses charge different amounts depending on location in the US and access to multiple backbones, so research ping times for your members, but this is by FAR the most economical way to host more than 2 games and should break even with benefits for JUST 2 game instances.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:38 pm

As promised, I just made a donation. A bit more might come next week.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby CommanderOtto » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:28 pm

just made a donation. I hope this serves as a reminder that we should all contribute, even if just a little, so that we can all continue to use the servers.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Return to Donations