Gamerz offer to merge with SWGO

Information about donations received and how to donate.

Gamerz offer to merge with SWGO

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:27 pm

Gamerz has repeatedly made the offer to merge with SWGO. I understand there are some lingering bad feeling between the current SWGO leadership and Gamerz leadership, but I don't understand why this should impede a mutually beneficial merger.

Gamerz is required by it's charter to semi-annually elect a new Council of Seven leadership council. Due to a scheduling snafu we may be forced to reopen nominations for all seven members and start the election over for the upcoming six month term. If SWGO were to merge with Gamerz, all SWGO registered members would be eligible to be on and to vote for the council. All donating members of SWGO would have votes that count twice. All existing SWGO admins would be admins of Gamerz servers/forums. SWGO would continue to exist as the SWBFII division of Gamerz. The SWBFII servers, JBA, Hero Assault and any others would move to the current Gamerz server (replacing the Gamerz servers sitting there) and would run as they did before on a faster, more stable server that costs only $53/mo. (Gamerz currently has a surplus of donations with the ability to sponsor prize competitions and still have more than 6 months of funding in reserve)

Bottom line, SWGO would lose no admins or servers. SWGO would not need to worry about monthly payments on servers. With elections occurring now, SWGO members could actually take over Gamerz and control the whole thing by simple voting.

Talk to your admins and leaders. I wouldn't want to see SWGO disappear because of lack of funding when a solution is easy and beneficial.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Re: Gamerz offer to merge with SWGO

Postby samonuh » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Hey, I've already made SWGMRZO, so yea, don't steal my ideas... :lol:
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby Dad » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Ummm, how 'bout no?

Puritanistic rules and heavy handed leadership makes for empty servers Dread.

But, you know that already, don't you?
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:35 pm

Dad wrote:Ummm, how 'bout no?

Puritanistic rules and heavy handed leadership makes for empty servers Dread.

But, you know that already, don't you?

Are servers aren't empty when we play in them. Other players come to play with us. Our server admining tends to the too kind, not heavy handed at all. I think you make the mistake of ignoring your own possible role in leadership and how "Puritanical" the rules would be. Or are you just too comfortable letting someone else run things and foot the bill too?

If there is something you don't like about Gamerz, you have the opportunity to affect change. I'm worried that you will continue to say "Ummm, how 'bout no?' as SWGO slips away for lack of support.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby mrjamwin » Sat May 01, 2010 12:13 am

ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:Gamerz has repeatedly made the offer to merge with SWGO. I understand there are some lingering bad feeling between the current SWGO leadership and Gamerz leadership, but I don't understand why this should impede a mutually beneficial merger.

Cause you're an [derriere orifice] that's why. Anymore stupid questions Professor?
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby samonuh » Sat May 01, 2010 2:25 am

I personally have nothing against GMRZ, and I honestly wouldn't care if we merged or not, wouldn't really affect me, but it's obvious that's not happening...
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby Rancor » Sat May 01, 2010 3:46 am

It isn't obvious, not until Matt posts is anything at all decided.
Rancor
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Sat May 01, 2010 4:23 am

nah- its obvious
thanks for stopping by, you two. Have a safe ride home
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Draigun » Sat May 01, 2010 5:05 am

I feel that this is not needed since SWGO already has the best running server around. I also feel that Battlefront 2 is a very great game indeed. I wouldn't care to moderate the forums. On top of that, I always see your servers empty, unless the higher-ups are in the server (Leggz, Rancor, Dread, Turbotails, etc.) I do not know anything about funding since I do not fund the servers. Also to just put my opinion out there: Having the ability to vote for the C7 doesn't do anything. It just puts another higher-up into the leader group. Why would I admin a server that is already being handled by mods? And on top of that, your servers are again, usually (not always though) empty so admining would be technically, irrelevant.

Even though I don't pay for SWGO servers, I would rather pay for something that I have full control and ownership of it than not pay for something that isn't owned by me at all.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby SWINE FLU » Sat May 01, 2010 6:14 am

Well, SWGO wouldn't be the same merged with GMRZ.

I also think it's an awful Idea.
Last edited by SWINE FLU on Sat May 01, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Next

Return to Donations