Gamerz offer to merge with SWGO

Information about donations received and how to donate.

Re: Gamerz offer to merge with SWGO

Postby WGO-Jango » Sat May 01, 2010 7:04 am

Twice this proposal has reached our door step. Matt has willingly shared each proposal with the mods and admins here. Its been debated, most of us would rather see SWGO light up and burn like a Napalm factory than willingly hand it over to GMRZ. The fact that such a proposal was kept private was very appreciated, making a public topic such as this shows how frustrated you must be with our intransigence.
WGO-Jango

Postby Duel of Fates » Sat May 01, 2010 9:31 am

It must be frustrating to have to cross the burned bridges of the past. I would vote no to any merger. If you would like to make a donation though, your always welcome to do so.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby TheEvilDonut » Sat May 01, 2010 11:36 am

Jango<9thAC-Gen> wrote:Its been debated, most of us would rather see SWGO light up and burn like a Napalm factory than willingly hand it over to GMRZ.

:th_a017:
TheEvilDonut
Community Member

Postby DrewTrooper » Sat May 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Ouch. :/
DrewTrooper
Community Member

Xfire: drewtrooper

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Sat May 01, 2010 1:49 pm

mrjamwin wrote:Cause you're an [derriere orifice] that's why. Anymore stupid questions Professor?

Duel of Fates wrote:It must be frustrating to have to cross the burned bridges of the past. I would vote no to any merger. If you would like to make a donation though, your always welcome to do so.

Jango<9thAC-Gen> wrote:Twice this proposal has reached our door step. Matt has willingly shared each proposal with the mods and admins here. Its been debated, most of us would rather see SWGO light up and burn like a Napalm factory than willingly hand it over to GMRZ. The fact that such a proposal was kept private was very appreciated, making a public topic such as this shows how frustrated you must be with our intransigence.

I now understand. In the past Matt has been cordial enough to filter the vitriol that this group has responded with today and simply said, "no thank you." I underestimated the blind hatred which would rather see WGO/SWGO burn then be associated with Gamerz. I'm sad to see this sentiment. My last two proposals included me leaving the leadership council. Our latest proposal offered THE ENTIRE COUNCIL stepping down for an election by SWGO and Gamerz members. Apparently you are not just mad at individuals at Gamerz, but resent it's very creation. It shows the irrationality of your anger.
Now that I am enlightened to your leaderships' true state of mind, I understand how futile my attempts to reach out have been.

"And so fare thee well: Thou never shalt hear herald any more."
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Sat May 01, 2010 2:44 pm

ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:Gamerz has repeatedly made the offer to merge with SWGO. I understand there are some lingering bad feeling between the current SWGO leadership and Gamerz leadership, but I don't understand why this should impede a mutually beneficial merger.

Gamerz is required by it's charter to semi-annually elect a new Council of Seven leadership council. Due to a scheduling snafu we may be forced to reopen nominations for all seven members and start the election over for the upcoming six month term. If SWGO were to merge with Gamerz, all SWGO registered members would be eligible to be on and to vote for the council. All donating members of SWGO would have votes that count twice. All existing SWGO admins would be admins of Gamerz servers/forums. SWGO would continue to exist as the SWBFII division of Gamerz. The SWBFII servers, JBA, Hero Assault and any others would move to the current Gamerz server (replacing the Gamerz servers sitting there) and would run as they did before on a faster, more stable server that costs only $53/mo. (Gamerz currently has a surplus of donations with the ability to sponsor prize competitions and still have more than 6 months of funding in reserve)

Bottom line, SWGO would lose no admins or servers. SWGO would not need to worry about monthly payments on servers. With elections occurring now, SWGO members could actually take over Gamerz and control the whole thing by simple voting.

Talk to your admins and leaders. I wouldn't want to see SWGO disappear because of lack of funding when a solution is easy and beneficial.

So basically what you're saying, is that you would have complete control of SWGO, which is already getting a good amount of donations, and has a far better server than you. You also say that SWGO would be a division of GMRZ, when SWBFII is the only thing that GMRZ has ever been or ever will be even marginally successful in. Also, obviously the servers of SWGO are just fine, as they get way, WAY more people than you, cause you guys kinda suck.

Also Dread, maybe you can't quite see this past your own ego, but sometimes things run just fine without you being involved in any way, shape, or form. It's not blind hatred, it's just completely goddamned unnecessary. And the only reason I used sometimes was so that you wouldn't get too indignant and start spouting about how I have no opinion because I was mean to you a couple of years ago. Sometimes you have to just get over yourself, because guess what? GMRZ is pretty terrible, it has hardly any actual players, as opposed to JBA which is almost always full. At most points in the day, JBA has more players than all the GMRZ servers combined, not even counting the other WGO servers. The only "benefit" SWGO would gain, is being affiliated with a group of people that just about everyone in the community hates, and not paying for their servers. Which they already do pretty effectively.

Don't try to say that you're the shining knight in [m'kay] armor, because you're really just a frustrated forty year old manchild with surprisingly pathetic delusions of grandeur. Most people with those think that they're rulers of the world or something, and if they fail at that, it's at least spectacular, if not completely [m'kay] hilarious. A delusion of grandeur that you're really good at managing a group for a nearly dead game? That's just... really, really sad. I can honestly say that if I ever end up like you in any way, shape, or form, I would probably be better off dead. Bye bye.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby haasd0gg » Sat May 01, 2010 3:36 pm

My "hatred" is far from blind, as is the rest of this groups. We just remember how you guys were in WGO, we've seen how you are with your own community, and nobody wants any part of it.
Cordial enough?
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Jango_Fred » Sat May 01, 2010 4:05 pm

ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:Now that I am enlightened to your leaderships' true state of mind, I understand how futile my attempts to reach out have been.

"And so fare thee well: Thou never shalt hear herald any more."
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Rancor » Sat May 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Narg, you have no idea how laggy SWGO's servers are. It is a serious problem.
Rancor
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Sat May 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Rancor wrote:Narg, you have no idea how laggy SWGO's servers are. It is a serious problem.

And that's why you guys have so many more players.
[m'kay]
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Donations