Game Issues

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Re: Game Issues

Postby (SWGO)RC-1140_Fixer » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Matt-Chicago wrote:When it starts to lag hit cntrl+alt+delete and open task manager and see what's using your processing power and memory.

I'd make sure all antivirus programs are disabled and you've cleared out running programs in your task bar...

Yeah I have opened up the Task manager before and it says that Battlefront is using 70-80 % of my CPU. I have always had Firefox open but that hasn't caused any problems in the past.

Brazmin wrote:If it was working fine for a year and only recently started having problems, it sounds like you need to go into your startup sequence and prevent some of the bloat crap from running at startup. It doesn't sound like a graphics card problem. Your other option would be to increase the system memory to work around it, but you still won't solve the underlying problem by doing that. Other comments: Defragging your hard drive might be good for overall disk performance, but it won't do much for your game performance. And finally, run a good system mechanic program. That will find and fix more than you could ever hope to identify by yourself. Good luck.

I have Soluto that reduces startup programs and I don't have any other CPU intensive programs running. Yeah I have been running CCleaner and I am running it again now.

Thank you all for your suggestions!
"A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on..."
-John F. Kennedy

(SWGO)RC-1140_Fixer
Community Member

Xfire: dheanssler

Re: Game Issues

Postby TaTerToT » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:49 am

Someone told me once that running Star Wars Battlefront 2 in Safe-Mode fixes it,
but It probably don't, yet I haven't tried it. Check your graphics card, defrag your hardrive,
and re-install BF2 is my advice. Btw, Xfire can cause lag for some people.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Previous

Return to Tech support