Booted from joining 3 times

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Booted from joining 3 times

Postby WD-40 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:48 pm

About 12:20 pm today on JBA NEW, I was booted from joining 3 times, despite there being only about 24 people on out of a 36 limit. Not sure why. Had to use an alternate name to join. Who was the Admin at that time? Any ideas why? There were no other WD-40s online.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Re: Booted from joining 3 times

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Haven't looked up the exact incident, but sounds like a boot bug. Sometimes trying a different name, joining another server, or restarting your game works.
Try joining under your usual name and see what happens now.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby WD-40 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:17 pm

I had done a game reboot shortly after, and that's when the third denial occurrd. Played for a couple maps under alternate name, then retried the WD-40 name, and it was okay. I guess like you said, it may have been a boot bug.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Mandalore » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:41 pm

The boot bug is a server side (I.E. nothing you do will help) issue, it can only be fixed by a server restart. Pending that, I advise throwing in an AFK admin onto that slot. The boot bug does not transfer slots
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Draigun » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:24 am

That is not true Mandy. I've encountered many boot bugs and by banning myself (and unbanning myself as well), it fixes the boot bug for some odd reason. Although I have to agree with you, it's like a virus. If one person is infected with the "boot" bug, then others who join the server containing the bug, will get it as well. If you join another server, it cures you. :lol:
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Duel of Fates » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:53 am

You don't have to ban yourself Drai, booting yourself will do the trick as well. I have done it countless times to combat the evil boot bug. It will also work for others if they stay on long enough and you explain to them the situation. Boot bug acts like this : it lets you in the server door, but gets you stuck there. You can type and see your words scroll ingame, but anything else and you will be booted. If there is an admin online at the time, ask to be booted manually, then come back. Once you get manually booted the server will let you back in with no problems. I cannot remember that not working for me. OF course I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast, so . . . :wheelchair:
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Return to Tech support