Graphics Help

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Graphics Help

Postby (SWGO)KT » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:11 am

Hi all... I just recently downloaded SWBF2 on to my labtop, and I've been getting bad graphics compared to the desktop I had previoisly been using. I know the labtops screen is smaller than the desktop,but I triad matching all the same settings. Both also run Windows 7 [well manicured man] premium I think... Thanks!!
(SWGO)KT
Community Member

Re: Graphics Help

Postby ATCStewart » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:14 am

I run it as administrator and in Win XP compatability mode, reduced all my graphics to low except view and LOD distance. SWBF2 wasn't meant to play on laptops, (or Windows 7 for that matter.)
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to feed a fish, and round and round we go
ATCStewart
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: atcstewart
Origin ID: ATCStewart

Postby Darth Crater » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:00 am

Even if your laptop lists the same CPU specs as your desktop, it's likely to be weaker (since it can't draw as much power). Furthermore, unless it's a specialty laptop, you're working with a cheap integrated graphics card that was never designed for gaming (and suffers the same power issues).
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby WD-40 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:39 am

Darth Crater wrote:Even if your laptop lists the same CPU specs as your desktop, it's likely to be weaker (since it can't draw as much power). Furthermore, unless it's a specialty laptop, you're working with a cheap integrated graphics card that was never designed for gaming (and suffers the same power issues).

Yeah, totally agree. I made sure I bought a laptop that can play BF2 before I bought it. The graphics card on my laptop is actually better than my desktop (Both are great for this game). However, my desktop is 'hardwired' to my Internet connection too, so it has a slightly better advantage over my wi-fi laptop (that I always use). May have to see what graphics card you actually have installed, and google it's performance capability online to see if it's got the gaming performance needed for BF2 and other games.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby dirtyprotest » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:05 pm

(SWGO)KT wrote:Hi all... I just recently downloaded SWBF2 on to my labtop, and I've been getting bad graphics compared to the desktop I had previoisly been using. I know the labtops screen is smaller than the desktop,but I triad matching all the same settings. Both also run Windows 7 [well manicured man] premium I think... Thanks!!

"Control Panel/ System and Security/ System and click the Advanced system settings link. Select the Settings button under Performance" then visual settings tab - select adjust for best performance. (win7 loses fancy desktop effects but graphics card somewhat freed up for gaming).
http://www.magnesiummedia.com/windows7/2010/09/tips-adjust-windows-7-performance-settings/
"I've been looking forward this camper."
dirtyprotest
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)KT » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks for the help... It doesnt slow my game up, it just makes the graphics all crappy. I honestly dont think I could follow those instructions dirtyprotest... but thanks! I'm just gonna play anyway... :)
(SWGO)KT
Community Member

Return to Tech support