Some error when joining a server....

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Some error when joining a server....

Postby Balto » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:12 am

Hi all, I don't have this problem, but my friend does, and it is very erratating. I don't know if anyone can help, but it is worth a try. When my friend joins a server, there is a notice saying "connection to host lost." I hear a lot of reports like that, and I hope it doesn't happen to me any day longer. He has an Intel Pentium 4 Processer, which is reqired for the game. But I'm thinking it's his Graphics Card. It might not be very strong. Any suggestions will be helpful! Thanks!

Ultimate RUSH Fan
Balto
Community Member

Xfire: balto234

Re: Some error when joining a server....

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:29 am

Sounds to me like an internet connection problem.
It could be his system resources getting overwhelmed by other processes.

He may want to make sure all settings are at lowest; screen resolution and all video settings set to low.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby Duel of Fates » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:55 am

I too have had this problem. Another thing you might try is to make sure everything on your start up tray down at the bottom of your screen is off. Sometimes they run without you knowing it and they can mess with your connection. Not sure how that works, but I have had greater success in joining as of late. Another thing is time of day. I have noticed that afternoons are a very difficult time to join servers, not just SWGO servers either. It could be from higher internet traffic at that time of day.

Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Ya, if a virus scan or windows update starts or something like that, you won't have enough system resources left to join an online game.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Return to Tech support