Can I run BF3?

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Can I run BF3?

Postby SWINE FLU » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:51 am

CPU: Intel Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 3.0
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 512MB

I managed to play the Beta on low settings, I was just wondering if you guys could share any light on whether it will be worth buying it.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13

Re: Can I run BF3?

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:22 am

Personally you will be able to run it, but to be all honest i waited till now to buy crysis 2 why?
I didn't want to spoil the game on low grafics knowing how beautiful the game can be....
IF i was you i'd first try and save for a better grafic card...then maybe RAM...
I don't know if your into Pre-purchase...but my advice would be:

Save some money for a PC upgrade...i don't really know how much time you would need but, considering this game is 60 pounds/Euros/dollars i would buy an upgrade and since it's probably going to take some time before you got some money saved for it during this time BF3 will get cheaper, i do think that by december/newyear the game will be more then 50% off for PC, consider that a 30Pound discount on your upgrade

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby mrjamwin » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Everything looks ok but you might upgrade your video car. You can always go to the EA website for minimum specs.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby SWINE FLU » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Thanks Jamwin, just preordered. If I can't run it, then well... I'll have an excuse for an upgrade. Looking forward to playing some classic BF maps! :gunsmilie:

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Yanoda » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Game wise I would recommend getting the game. Most realistic FPS game to date, great team oriented game-play, intense fights and nice visuals.

If you wish to have better visuals with the game and willing to invest, then I would recommend getting a better Graphics Card.
If you have a 400W PSU, then I would recommend the Radeon HD 6670 (or HD 5670). You will be able to set the visuals to medium with decent performance. Prices are about 75-90 dollars.
If you have a 450-500W PSU, I would recommend you getting the HD 6750 or HD 6770 (or 57xx equivalent). The HD 6770 gives you a slightly better performance. You'll be able to set almost all the visuals on high. Prices are about 90-120 dollars.

Hope this helped

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Well he was wondering about the 560GTX wich certainly would need a better power supply...but i was wondering if his M5800 Packered bell motherboard could take it, yet i can't find specs on it online wich is very odd....
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby SWINE FLU » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Yanoda wrote:Game wise I would recommend getting the game. Most realistic FPS game to date, great team oriented game-play, intense fights and nice visuals.

If you wish to have better visuals with the game and willing to invest, then I would recommend getting a better Graphics Card.
If you have a 400W PSU, then I would recommend the Radeon HD 6670 (or HD 5670). You will be able to set the visuals to medium with decent performance. Prices are about 75-90 dollars.
If you have a 450-500W PSU, I would recommend you getting the HD 6750 or HD 6770 (or 57xx equivalent). The HD 6770 gives you a slightly better performance. You'll be able to set almost all the visuals on high. Prices are about 90-120 dollars.

Hope this helped

Cheers

Yanoda

Yeah, I've been looking for an upgrade for a while. I'm no good with the configuration with PCs... so how would I go about finding out what wattage my PSU is? :innocent:

SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Yanoda » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:27 pm

SWINE FLU wrote:Yeah, I've been looking for an upgrade for a while. I'm no good with the configuration with PCs... so how would I go about finding out what wattage my PSU is? :innocent:

Usually the info is on the PSU. You may need to open up the PC case and check on the PSU if there is/are stickers on it. It will usually state the wattage.
If it is not clearly stated, the wattage is usually within the PSU model number (ex. OCZ700SXS is a 700 Watt PSU).
You can also check the specs of your PC with the manufacturer/marketer (Dell, Acer, Gateway etc.) for the PSU wattage.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Postby SWINE FLU » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:01 am

So... I have a 250W PSU, which is awful. I know I need an upgrade, but do you guys have any suggestions? I would like a high end graphics card... but not too expensive, seeing as I have to buy a PSU, too. Budget estimate: £50-£200 (I would prefer £50-£150).

SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Yanoda » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 am

SWINE FLU wrote:So... I have a 250W PSU, which is awful. I know I need an upgrade, but do you guys have any suggestions? I would like a high end graphics card... but not too expensive, seeing as I have to buy a PSU, too. Budget estimate: £50-£200 (I would prefer £50-£150).

Before you want to get a high end GPU, how much length do you have for a graphic card in your case? Graphic cards can vary in size depending on their models (HD 6750 is usually smaller than HD 6850) and even within their same model types (one HD 6850 can be over an inch longer than another HD 6850).

Do you know any good online PC component stores in the UK that I can check?
Do you know what PC case model you have?
Do you have any preferences? Examples:

1. Manufacturers (Antec, Gigabyte, Corsair, Asus, Evga, XFX etc...)
2. GPU type preference (HD 67xx < GTX 550Ti < GTX 460 < HD 68xx < GTX 560) (based on power consumption, performance and price)
3. Will you be more concerned about a good PSU vs a good GPU? (Do you want a higher quality PSU for longevity and reliable power with a lower end GPU or vise-versa?
4. Are you concerned about temperatures? Does your case have sufficient air flow?
5. What monitor resolutions will you be playing most of the time?
More PSU oriented:
6. Do you like having your PC case neat and tidy? Would you prefer having a modular (remove unneeded cables) PSU vs a conventional PSU, but at a slightly higher price?
7. Do you plan to make further upgrades in the near future? In 1 year or in 2 years etc...?
8. Is noise a concern for you? Would you like a more noisier, cheaper, albeit reliable PSU vs a quieter one but more expensive PSU?

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to Tech support