Battlefront II Aiming Issue

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Battlefront II Aiming Issue

Postby Jedi Power » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:13 am

Hey guys, I could use a little advice. Since I got my new computer I have had an aiming issue. It almost seemes like when I am shooting that the view is almost in a semi-zoomed state. I can shoot with an engineer at point blank range 3 times and magically miss. I aim with a rocket or AT-?? cannon and I have to aim low for the hit to register. I used to play on an 800x600 screen without an issue and now am on a 1360x768 view with my new Windows 7. I did change the game to match, but it just doesn't seem to let me aim dead on and register a hit. Any thoughts?
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Re: Battlefront II Aiming Issue

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:46 am

So are you actually Seeing VISUALLY that your hitting the enemy? if this is the case and your not doing any damage it's lag....i can shoot a rocket in your face SEE you DYING and 2 seconds later i'm dead....

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Jedi Power » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:57 am

I am guessing the point blank issue may be lag, but having to aim low on targets for hits seems different.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby Yanoda » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:03 am

I have a similar problem but rarely.
In HA, I throw the saber at someone and it flies 15-30 degrees higher than where I aim. When I throw it again, it does the same thing. What I do is just move my character a bit and look away from my target for a second (have your back facing him/her). After that, I seem to be able to aim properly again.
Similar experience in JBA but only happened twice in the last year.
I can imagine it is just lag like MT mentioned.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby =JAWS=tom{ASN} » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Yeah probably visual lag.
Perdo (anakin) 27-24 {51} vs {31} 18-16 noobhunter (aayla)
http://sv.xfire.com/profile/p5e5r5d5o/s ... #119911779

Perdo (no-forcing) 29-28 {55} vs {37} 21-23 (SWGO)MT (pulling)
http://sv.xfire.com/profile/p5e5r5d5o/s ... #119895917
=JAWS=tom{ASN}
Community Member

Xfire: Ali
Steam ID: Baba

Postby Bryant » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:48 pm

Play single player to see if it's lag. If it's still a problem, set your resolution to 1024 x 768 under the game options - maybe it's a widescreen thing.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby toad » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Or maybe......

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
|=======================================================|
toad
Community Member

Postby Brazosgrad » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:13 pm

Jp what kind of computer did you get? What graphics card is in it? If you just bought a stock system that is using the built-in graphics from the motherboard, its likely lag. Also, you mentioned windows 7. How much memory does the system have?
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:31 pm

I get that lag alot since we switched servers. Many times I'd shoot a missile, hit the enemy square in the chest or right next to their feet, and they incur no damage. Sometimes they go right next to my mines and don't detonate them. Recently I was slicing and dicing a wookie on JBA with a lightsaber, but the wookie incurred no damage and ended up killing me! Other times I'd accidentally shoot a missile just left or right of the target, and I'd kill them. Go figure. It's frustrating, especially at home where I have fiber-optic cable service. :headbang:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:06 pm

WD-40 wrote:I get that lag alot since we switched servers. Many times I'd shoot a missile, hit the enemy square in the chest or right next to their feet, and they incur no damage. Sometimes they go right next to my mines and don't detonate them. Recently I was slicing and dicing a wookie on JBA with a lightsaber, but the wookie incurred no damage and ended up killing me! Other times I'd accidentally shoot a missile just left or right of the target, and I'd kill them. Go figure. It's frustrating, especially at home where I have fiber-optic cable service. :headbang:

Yep a lot of this relates to lag I am afraid. In HA I can play in single player mode and hit an AI and kill them quite easily, switch to multiplayer and the same AI receives significantly less damage and walks away. The same is damage to players online or the recovery speed appears to be affected. Other strange happenings is when you dash in single player, works a treat no problem, same dash online and it appears to not have the range of movement. Sometimes the server speeds-up and when jumping fly's past the intended target or slips off the roof or slows down and does not achieve the intended distance. All due to lag and it's a real pain in the ass.
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Next

Return to Tech support