Battlefront II Aiming Issue

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Re: Battlefront II Aiming Issue

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:31 pm

burzerker wrote:I know this isn't lag, don't know if it's a server thing or where it came from. The other night I was playing jabba's palace, spawned as maul, but when i actually spawned i appeared as a regualr droid. Did an esc to see if I screwed up who I chose, picked maul again. When I spawned I was the droid again.. tried playing, made a few rocket shots... died.. said maul was defeated.. so I guess i was maul but couldn't attack as him.. very weird.

You don't happen to have the 1.3 patch installed?
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Jedi Power » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Never heard of anything like that before.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 am

Jedi Power wrote:Never heard of anything like that before.

The 1.3 update is an unofficial patch wich is ussualy automaticly installed with normal mods and the convertion pack 2.0.
It adds a consol an it's the main excuse to call others cheaters, as some believe you can cheat with it.

Now besides this it can create visual lag and glitches as with the character outfits.
Having it intalled could be the cause of your problem.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:46 am

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:
Jedi Power wrote:Never heard of anything like that before.

The 1.3 update is an unofficial patch wich is ussualy automaticly installed with normal mods and the convertion pack 2.0.
It adds a consol an it's the main excuse to call others cheaters, as some believe you can cheat with it.

Now besides this it can create visual lag and glitches as with the character outfits.
Having it intalled could be the cause of your problem.

MT

Isn't that the mod that allows FreeCam? So you can spectate the entire map moving around freely and thru walls etc? If it is, I downloaded it so I could see glitchers. Problem is, I never use it. So you say MT, that it 'causes' visual lag?? If true, may explain my issues. So how do you 'uninstall' it?
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:54 am

No Wd the 1.3 patch isn't the same as that file i passed on, it has been 6months since i gave that file.
The diffrence is that the 1.3 patch adds junk, while the other uncovers things like the freecam, i'm pretty certain that a added freecam would be a litte bigger then 0.9MB's
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:57 am

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:No Wd the 1.3 patch isn't the same as that file i passed on, it has been 6months since i gave that file.
The diffrence is that the 1.3 patch adds junk, while the other uncovers things like the freecam, i'm pretty certain that a added freecam would be a litte bigger then 0.9MB's

Ok..The one I downloaded is the one you passed on to me. I guess I'm ok. Still haven't explored it, other than playing some 'awesome' modded maps in Single player.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:46 am

WD-40 wrote:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:No Wd the 1.3 patch isn't the same as that file i passed on, it has been 6months since i gave that file.

Ok..The one I downloaded is the one you passed on to me. I guess I'm ok. Still haven't explored it, other than playing some 'awesome' modded maps in Single player.

No wd that's confusing 2 diffrent mods, you see i gave you a file but if your talking about single player maps then this isn't from that file.

However wd i do recall you playing on the former swgo modded server wich us now NYC, so my concluion is that besides my file you still have the GWL 123 mod, now this isn't the same as 1.3 it sould give no problems at all, just saying lag may come from playing with a laptop.

Mt
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:31 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:just saying lag may come from playing with a laptop.

:-|

Yeah...But I still play like one 'inconstistently awesome' mother-@#$%*! on that Laggy Laptop! :mrgreen:

...and yes, it's the Multi and Single Player Mod you gave me.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Postby burzerker » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:22 am

No i don't have the 1.3 patch, I've never even heard of it. Whatever caused that to happen hasn't gone on again.. for me anyway. I don't run any weird stuff in the background.. really don't have a clue what caused it.
"The democracy will ceases to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
burzerker
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:04 am

maybe just some simple server lag
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Tech support