Help With Lag

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Help With Lag

Postby Zackery » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:13 am

Recently in the past three days I've had lag in all the SWBF2 PC servers. Now I'm lucky to join a game and have tolerable lag. I have never had a problem like this before. I've been playing this game for over a year. Video settings have nothing to do with it. I've switched the settings many times and had no effect. Help and ideas will be appreciated. Thank you!
Zackery
Community Member

Re: Help With Lag

Postby SuperHappyMan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:36 am

Your router might be [m'kay] up, if you have a wireless connection. If not, try getting a new ethernet cable. Not sure if that'll fix it, but it's worth a shot. If that fails, i'd suggest going into your router settings and unblocking the ports used for SWBFII.
SuperHappyMan
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:28 am

Go outside and cut the coaxial cable coming to you house.(remove like 3 feet of it)
Call your cable company and complain that you have no service.
They will have to run a new drop from the pole to your house.

If that doesn't work, try a new nic.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby TaTerToT » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:00 pm

Defragging your hard drive should help alot. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter *Path May Depends On Your Type Of Computer* Also, you might want to scan your hard drive. Go to Start > Computer or My Computer > Right Click On Your hard drive, and there should be a tab where your security thing is, and it should, when highlighted show an option to scan. Or.... :grrr:
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Or.... :grrr:[/quote]
i do that sometimes...
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Matt-Chicago » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Could be a million things. Is something using your bandwidth like another computer in the house, streaming video, etc? Have you done a spyware check with Malwarebytes? Are you running low on RAM or hard drive space?
Sometimes routers do need a nice reboot.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:26 pm

The router reboot does me a world of good and my connection is much more stable after doing one. In fact, I'm due for one this weekend.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Return to Tech support