An Internet Problem

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

An Internet Problem

Postby Hobo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Not to recently, my Internet has been annoying as hell, I'm hoping y'all could help me out. On my PC Vista, it says I'm connected to the Internet, but when I attempt to use it, it claims I'm not connected. The problem started when my dad was screwing with it, he messed it up somehow.

The first thing I tried was to reset my router and IP from the computer. Failed. Next, I tried to unplug the modem and plug it back in. Still nothing. Ironically, the Mac laptops are able to use Internet, but I have to turn the Internet off and on before I can use it on the labtops. I'm pretty sure something's wrong with the router or the modem, because that's what my dad was messing with.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Re: An Internet Problem

Postby Yanoda » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Have you tried checking the network map of Vista?
Control Panel -> Network & Internet -> Network & Sharing Center, there should then be an option 'see full map'.
Hopefully it shows where the connection problem is.
If not, then is could be the modem like you said. Says it is connected but doesn't transfer the data.
I had a similar problem a few years back where the modem overloaded due to connecting the wrong/too many cables... I was surprised that this can happen.

Hope this helped

Cheer

Yanoda

Edit: Made a quick search about your problem, read that it could be spyware/virus, here is the link (there are also other solutions). http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-3525 ... ernet-help
Another link that could be of help: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... c857b46c3b
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby Hobo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Hmm I tried that, but it claimed everything is working. I clicked diagnose and repair, and it seems I don't have a valid IP configuration. I tried all the options it presented to me as solutions, but nothing worked. *scratches head*
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:27 pm

You might want to take it to Best Buy or another technologically oriented store, see if they can figure it out.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Return to Tech support