Could someone help me out?

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Re: Could someone help me out?

Postby fightingclam » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:25 pm

I brought my grades up, so he said I could reinstall it. Should have made that clearer from the start. My bad.
With that being cleared up, could anybody help me out?
Edit: My grades weren't even that bad to begin with. Just a couple of B's.
ImageImage
fightingclam
Community Member

Xfire: fightingclam9

Re: Could someone help me out?

Postby WD-40 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:58 pm

fightingclam wrote:I brought my grades up, so he said I could reinstall it. Should have made that clearer from the start. My bad.
With that being cleared up, could anybody help me out?
Edit: My grades weren't even that bad to begin with. Just a couple of B's.

When you put the disc in, are you 'Auto Running' from the pop-up screen (does it even pop up when you put the disc in?) or are you clicking on the disc drive when you insert the disc and the BF2 icon pops up on the 'My Computer' screen?

Also, when's the last time you rebooted your computer? Sometimes, when a computer runs for days at a time without a fresh 'restart', it seems to not recognize the very existence of the 'D' or any other drive except the 'C' drive. If haven't, recommend a complete shut down and restart, or at least a simple restart. That may solve it.

It's also possible your Dad dicked up the un-install. Go into 'Start' then click on 'Control Panel' then click on 'Uninstall Programs'. Check the list. The list should be alphebetical, so scroll down to the "S's and look for 'Star Wars Battlefront 2' by LucasArts. If it's there, it's not completely uninstalled, and your Dad did not uninstall properly. Click on it, then hit the 'Uninstall' tab. Hopefully, it will finish the job. Ensure you've rebooted the computer, and try a re-install. Now...MOVE IT!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Previous

Return to Tech support