Administrating Problems

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Administrating Problems

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Hello all. I was recently made an admin on one of the other servers. I logged in from the server, and everything was working fine, but I had to leave. Unfortunately, when I came back and tried to login with my code (while I am on the server), nothing appears. I try to use a command (like saying something), but it then says I am not logged in. I have made sure my format is correct as well as my password. I don't know what to do. If I had the command wrong it would say "command not found" or if I had my password wrong, it should say "password not found, etc.", but nothing at all appears when I use my code. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Re: Administrating Problems

Postby Heatmaster78 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:53 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:Hello all. I was recently made an admin on one of the other servers. I logged in from the server, and everything was working fine, but I had to leave. Unfortunately, when I came back and tried to login with my code (while I am on the server), nothing appears. I try to use a command (like saying something), but it then says I am not logged in. I have made sure my format is correct as well as my password. I don't know what to do. If I had the command wrong it would say "command not found" or if I had my password wrong, it should say "password not found, etc.", but nothing at all appears when I use my code. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

Is this your own server you're talking about? Because you shouldn't need a password to log in on a server you're hosting. If not then ask the owner of the server to get a program called Remote Manager. It helps admins run servrlers without having to be there. Ask him/her to give you a password to log in there.
"La mort n'est rien, mais pour vivre vaincu et sans gloire, c'est mourir tous les jours."
("Death is nothing, but to live defeated and with no glory is to die every day.")

- Napoléon Bonaparte
Heatmaster78
Community Member

Xfire: heatmaster78
Steam ID: heatmaster788

Postby KOko » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:21 pm

I couldnt help it but laffffff...

1st... why dont you ask the owner of the server first ? We dont have to do all the brainstorming over simple things like "uh, I forgot to tell you I've changed the pass"
2nd... if this is your own server and you are not telling all the truth/specifics, then how do you expect any real help? We may be masters of hosting SWBF2 servers, but we are not Magicians...

a few simple checks to do:
- is the server (1)professionaly or (2)home hosted? if (2) then:
- is the server hosted by (1)another guy/community or by (2)you? if (2) then:
- is the server run by (1)Server Manager program or (2)no/idk? if (2) then:
- have you started the server with (1)command line option for ingame admin pass or (2)not. if 2 then...
well you did not set any admin pass, how do you expect any password will work ?

To be continue next year....
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:59 pm

No, it's not my own server. It is the NNA Recruiting server. I have asked the owner; he gave me a password. It is a professionally hosted server I think, it has 64 character spots. What is remote manager. Thanks!

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby TaTerToT » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Hey Pepsi,

Download This- http://www.gamefront.com/files/15262905/swbf2rm110.zip/
This is what nearly all admins use to administrate servers. Ask the owner to make
you an Remote Manager account, and you'll need this following information:

Server I.P Address:
BFSM Port: *Usually Game Port*
Your Username *That The Owner Needs To Make*
Your Password *That The Owner Needs To Make*

*Off Topic* 64 Gaming Slots...? I Really Doubt It's Pro Ran.....
Probably Off Someones Computer....*

However if the guy would rather you just work it off of admin codes,
here is a full list of admin codes here:

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... ture;50574

Remember, before you do anything you have to login:

/admin /login (password) No Parentheses

:D Hope this helps, and if you need any help at all just hit me up on xfire.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby WD-40 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:34 pm

I always say...Reboot.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Bryant » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:47 am

It sounds like you're using in-game admin.
So the format is: /admin /login password
If you have the right password, it will say logged in. It won't say anything if you use the wrong password.
Sounds like the password was changed.

If it's a dedicated server (ask the owner), then he should use SM/RM for management if he's serious about admin management. (see tatertot's post above)
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:15 am

Thanks to all for the replies, but I have no idea what to do. I haven't been able to contact him, but I believe he downloaded the RM program (I do not yet have an account). What confuses me is that I have tried every variation of the format-- just in case, but to no avail. I used the correct one: /admin /login (password). Unfortunately, nothing happens. I checked up on my password and re-entered it numerous times-- correctly. I had my password changed, thinking that would work, but that didn't solve the problem either. Thanks to all, but I guess my game is just screwed up or something...

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:11 am

...or maybe the person who made you an admin was just some other random player who thought it would be funny watching you try to log in as an admin...
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:49 pm

haasd0gg wrote:...or maybe the person who made you an admin was just some other random player who thought it would be funny watching you try to log in as an admin...

I think you are right--in a way. Courage did NOT set up the server, mostimpressive did. When I first tried my code, it worked and everything I did as admin worked! But then it didn't anymore! Courage said he didn't change it, but I think mostimpressive might have! I gave Hadrian my password to test it out (to check if it was my particular game screwing up, and because I wanted him to be an admin with us). He couldn't log in either! I think mostimpressive might have played a trick on us, or made a mistake, or something. Cuz [NNA]courage said he couldn't log in as admin either with his code!

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Next

Return to Tech support