Mods

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Re: Mods

Postby TaTerToT » Thu May 17, 2012 12:05 am

sireal wrote:Anyone know when Acesonnall will post the video?

That guide doesn't really help steam users.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMjbkxEQjQE - For Steam

For normal users, you download the file from filefront or another site. When you
open the downloaded file, you will find a 3-letter file, that is usually the initials for
the name of the map. ABC for example. Now, stop there and keep that open. Click
Start, then click Computer or My Computer. Select your C drive, and then click
Program Files. Scroll down to LucasArts. Click, and then open up the Star Wars Battlefront
II folder. Click GameData. Now, you create a new file named: addon Click addon, and now, you
drag and drop or copy and paste the 3-letter file from the downloaded map file into it. And boom,
it's there. Now, you go run Battlefront II and play!

Hope this helps! :) If you have any problems or questions just ask me.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby Cpt.Rex » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:15 am

These mods have viruses?
Cpt.Rex
Community Member

Steam ID: Neo_fallen

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:43 am

[$$$]_Daae_ wrote:I wonder if wulfi's seen it yet...

Odd. I never saw this topic. Sorry everyone.

Cpt.Rex wrote:These mods have viruses?

I've downloaded about a thousand* mods, and worked with a hundred* modders. I've never seen any mod with a virus and I always scan them. 99% of modders don't even know the first thing about adding a virus to their mod. If it causes problems with your game, it's not because of a virus.

Oh and sometimes AV** detects .exe self-extracting archives as viruses when they're not. Your AV is just being a silly little failure.

*Or so.
**Anti-Virus.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby FaiL.? » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Imagine if we had a modded SWGO server...nice maps...C:
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Yeah it would be cool to play some BFX. Unfortunately it would exclude players who don't have the mods and haven't been to this website from playing.
Many members (myself included) learned about SWGO from playing on the JBA. I didn't know much about mods till I started on this site. So if you cut off people from playing on the server itself, people won't join in here.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:30 pm

I bet you if SWGO would have mod maps here at the forums to download, we (the regulars), would try them out....we all trust SWGO (that's an issue to some players) and in time, who knows. I never cared to play mods because I like full servers, mod servers are always a few players at a time. If alot of players were using mods, I would of already been playing with them. Also, a big excuse that I used to hear about downloading mods were "My parents won't let me"...so once again, it's a "TRUST" issue. Some players think they will download malware with these maps. While I believe Wulfi's statement to be true (no malware in mods), we need a trustworthy site (SWGO) to assure players that the maps are safe to your comp. I think this is "doable", get a few of the "regulars" out there playing and some will follow...then most will follow until we have a good amount of players playing mod's. I'm always contemplating if I should rent servers for my team ($$$), and if I would,I would have one server for mods...I know that it's a gamble but someone has to try it. Again.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby haasd0gg » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Here's the link if anyone wants it. I gotta say, though, as I have 1000 times before; mod servers never work and its mostly because people are stupid.

http://www.globalwf.com/site/resources.php?c=22
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Killer Jedi » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Here is one for Steam users: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMjbkxEQjQE
--Killer Jedi
"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying." ~Michael Jordan
Killer Jedi
Community Member

Xfire: killerjedi22

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:31 am

What haas said.
I've never gotten a virus with mods before and i run Norton....

Anyhow i did the last mod attempt the 123+mod to have HA on normal maps, also contained rhen vhar and bespin city.

Anyhow tough i predict failure for BFX if you talk to matt and donate the money required we may try one, at least thats how 123+ started

Edit: i am however interested how Wulf's mods are comming along, i recall talking to him and hearing that 1 of his mods doesn't require people to install them to still come on the server to play, however the ones that do get the visual upgrade?

Mt
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Double-post i know,

Just to be clear here, the mods themselfs should have NO viruses, however iv'e had it that downloading mods, from "certain" sites with them containing a virus(iv'e had trojans in them before)
So i do recomend that you download from safe sites, this is where i do all my SWBF2 downloads as well as most of my other game mod downloads:

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/#Top-10-Downloads
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

PreviousNext

Return to Tech support