Installing Battlefield 3

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Installing Battlefield 3

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Wed May 23, 2012 12:00 am

I bought battlefield 3 today but when I try to install it all it says is *you need to update your windows* Well My windows is up to date and I don't understand whats wrong with it/
All cry panic, and release the dogs of war!
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Location: somewhere between laughing at you and beating your ass.

Re: Installing Battlefield 3

Postby WGO-Jango » Wed May 23, 2012 12:13 am

If you want help I'd suggest heading over to WGO, Jam, Haas and I frequent here and there but Jam is the only one who plays it on PC. Worldgamingorder.com, everyone there will be able to help you out whether you bought it on disc or through Origin. Plus they might be able to slip you some pro tips so you don't get mashed like a potato.
WGO-Jango

Postby Bryant » Wed May 23, 2012 12:16 am

These are the minimum requirements: http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-system-requirements/

"OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7" - Do you have one of these? If you have XP it won't work according to this.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Wed May 23, 2012 12:19 am

Yeah, after digging further I realized that it doesn't work for xp. And i have no intention of buying it so I guess I Will not be playing BF3 after all.
All cry panic, and release the dogs of war!
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Location: somewhere between laughing at you and beating your ass.

Postby WGO-Jango » Wed May 23, 2012 12:31 am

Did you save the recipt at least? Please tell me you DIDN'T buy the game from GameStop.
WGO-Jango

Postby NiteRunner81 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:39 am

Have you already linked it to your EA account?
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby [m'kay] » Wed May 23, 2012 11:11 am

IJO sha-quan-jone wrote:Yeah, after digging further I realized that it doesn't work for xp. And i have no intention of buying it so I guess I Will not be playing BF3 after all.

How the hell are you still on XP?
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby WD-40 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:11 pm

I've got a brand new still in wrapper SWTOR that I would trade, even for a 'used' (working) Battlefield 3 disc(s). I just can't do that $10/month thing without seeing if I like it, and whether I have the brain power to figure out the key commands. I can't even read the key control sheet they provide since it's too small. (I've seen it at) Even my bi-focals can't read read it. I sure wish they had 'single-player' for idiots like me to get used to it before committing to multi-player.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Bryant » Wed May 23, 2012 2:56 pm

I think someone that is playing might be able to get you a free trial so you could try it out. I'm not completely sure about this though.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby NiteRunner81 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Bryant wrote:I think someone that is playing might be able to get you a free trial so you could try it out. I'm not completely sure about this though.

WD-40, have you linked your copy to your EA account? I can hook u up with a 7-day trial and if you're not going for it then I'll buy your copy from you. PM me your email.

As for Jone and BF3, hell, I'll buy his copy from him and get your copy of SWTOR from you. lol

TBH -- what pissed me off and kept me from enjoying BF3 was my clan's server, the main admin was a [Richard] and made the rounds last upwards to an hour - hr and 1/2, and thats not something my body (being crippled with fibromyalgia) can handle, and since I had linked my BF3 copy to my EA account I couldn't give it to anyone. which made me feel like it was a waste of money. I think you should be able to unlink any copy of any game within 30 days or transfer it to someone else who may be able to enjoy it.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Next

Return to Tech support