Installing Battlefield 3

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Re: Installing Battlefield 3

Postby WD-40 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:43 pm

NiteRunner81 wrote:
Bryant wrote:I think someone that is playing might be able to get you a free trial so you could try it out. I'm not completely sure about this though.

WD-40, have you linked your copy to your EA account? I can hook u up with a 7-day trial and if you're not going for it then I'll buy your copy from you. PM me your email.

As for Jone and BF3, hell, I'll buy his copy from him and get your copy of SWTOR from you. lol

TBH -- what pissed me off and kept me from enjoying BF3 was my clan's server, the main admin was a [Richard] and made the rounds last upwards to an hour - hr and 1/2, and thats not something my body (being crippled with fibromyalgia) can handle, and since I had linked my BF3 copy to my EA account I couldn't give it to anyone. which made me feel like it was a waste of money. I think you should be able to unlink any copy of any game within 30 days or transfer it to someone else who may be able to enjoy it.

No, this is a brand spanking new SWTOR disc box (unopened), so it's pure. I may try a free trial, but only if I don't have to open that disc box. I got it on-sale at Best buy for $40, so that what I'd sell it for ($20 off normal price, so not bad).
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Thu May 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Well I have been wanting to buy my own gaming computer for a while now, maybe this is the time to do it.
All cry panic, and release the dogs of war!
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Location: somewhere between laughing at you and beating your ass.

Postby BurzaP » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:51 am

@WD. Recently I've heard of some free weekends with SWTOR, I don't know how it's now but you can look up to it.

And by the way, if there is anyone going to buy BF3 add me on battlelog:
messa called _Burz4P_
I've managed to play with Swine and mrjamwin so far. Would be great to do so with rest of you :)
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby FaiL.? » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:16 pm

I bought it, installed ut, tried to play it, error button comes up, "not enought RAM", can't play it. Damn.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Hobo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:46 pm

You can easily buy more ram. a 512mb stick is like 20$, or 1gb for 50ish. Just make sure you get a good brand name, Corsair and Kingston is pretty good. Stay away from "generic" or "house brand" memory sticks, they can really screw over your computer or be uncompatible.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby FaiL.? » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:46 pm

A Hobo wrote:You can easily buy more ram. a 512mb stick is like 20$, or 1gb for 50ish. Just make sure you get a good brand name, Corsair and Kingston is pretty good. Stay away from "generic" or "house brand" memory sticks, they can really screw over your computer or be uncompatible.

I have a laptop.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby haasd0gg » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Unless its a Mac, you can upgrade your ram.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Nik » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:30 am

I had been thinking about getting SWTOR but didn't know how good it was. Can you guys give me a run down of it and how/what you guys like about it?
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."- Albert Einstein
Nik
Community Member

Xfire: 2badnik
Steam ID: Magnetar1

Postby [m'kay] » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:16 am

Nik wrote:I had been thinking about getting SWTOR but didn't know how good it was. Can you guys give me a run down of it and how/what you guys like about it?

It's going to be F2P in like two months, don't buy it.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Outrider » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:49 am

Kind of random asking this in a BF3 thread, but alright. In the meantime, you can try the SWTOR trial and play up to level 15 for free:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6274
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5398

The full game might be free-to-play in a few months, but I believe you still need to purchase the actual game itself. You just don't have to pay the monthy fee. Topic: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4274
Outrider
Community Member

Previous

Return to Tech support