Lord of the Rings Conquest

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Lord of the Rings Conquest

Postby JROD » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:24 pm

I bought Lord of the Rings Conquest two days ago. I installed it onto my laptop. Then, when I went to play it, I got a black screen with a sword cursor. I could still hear the sound. I checked online, and apparently just about everyone with a laptop is having that same issue, and everyone is waiting for a patch. So, I went to install it on my desktop thinking that it may actually work (on low at least, since my desktop only has 512 megabytes of RAM). It will not even read the cd! Whenever I put the cd in, nothing happens. I went into my computer thinking that I could run it from there, but it thinks that there is actually nothing in the cd rom drive. I know for a fact that it is not my current cd rom drive because it can read Star Wars Battlefront 2 and any other cd that I have in it. It is also not that the Lord of the Rings Conquest cd is broken, because my laptop reads it fine. So, does anyone have any advice? I was thinking maybe that EA only wants you to install the game on one computer, so maybe I should uninstall it from the laptop first? Any responses are greatly appreciated!
-{VA}JROD
JROD
Community Member

Xfire: wgojrod

Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest

Postby Minwu325 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Perhaps it's a DVD and your desktop doesn't have a DVD drive?
Minwu325
Community Member

Postby Corpse » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:19 pm

I've had a problem with only being allowed it on one PC, but I'm not sure if it's the case here.

Google might be your friend, and there could be some setting which will enable you to run it without the problem.

If that doesn't work, try some advice from someone else who posts here which will probably be better, or overclock your FSB to 1333 Mhz so you can increase your PSU's output auxiliary capacity to 4000 GW's?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby JROD » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Minwu325 wrote:Perhaps it's a DVD and your desktop doesn't have a DVD drive?

I can play movies on DVDs from my desktop. I have even encoded home dvds onto my iPod. So I don't think that is the problem. Thanks for trying, though

Corpse:
Thanks, I will try uninstalling and then installing to desktop. I really do not want to overclock anything, though.
JROD
Community Member

Xfire: wgojrod

Postby Corpse » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:29 pm

that was the part which wasn't serious.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Rancor » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:18 pm

First off, LotrC is the worst game made (second only to Bfme2-Rotwk expansion) in the Lotr universe.

Secondly, both computors are under the requirements for the game, as crappy as it is.

I mean, I gave the game the benifit of the doubt, and it turned around to beat me dead, and killed itself in the process. Not to mention that EA lost the ability to make it anymore.
Rancor
Community Member

Postby Chin » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:58 pm

BFME 2 was an amazing game IMO Rancor.
Chin
Community Member

Postby Corpse » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:07 pm

swbf2 winz.

any luck JROD?
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Dad » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:59 pm

JROD wrote:I bought Lord of the Rings Conquest two days ago. I installed it onto my laptop. Then, when I went to play it, I got a black screen with a sword cursor. I could still hear the sound. I checked online, and apparently just about everyone with a laptop is having that same issue, and everyone is waiting for a patch. So, I went to install it on my desktop thinking that it may actually work (on low at least, since my desktop only has 512 megabytes of RAM). It will not even read the cd! Whenever I put the cd in, nothing happens. I went into my computer thinking that I could run it from there, but it thinks that there is actually nothing in the cd rom drive. I know for a fact that it is not my current cd rom drive because it can read Star Wars Battlefront 2 and any other cd that I have in it. It is also not that the Lord of the Rings Conquest cd is broken, because my laptop reads it fine. So, does anyone have any advice? I was thinking maybe that EA only wants you to install the game on one computer, so maybe I should uninstall it from the laptop first? Any responses are greatly appreciated!
-{VA}JROD

have you tried an application of buckshot to the disc?
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby rive » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:05 pm

buckshot... the new duct tape lol
rive
Community Member

Next

Return to Tech support