Game freezing

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Game freezing

Postby Col. Hstar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:26 pm

For some reason the game freezes up on me in between rounds. Usually the final score screen comes up and then you click done. My screen freezes before the done icon appears.
Has anyone else had this problem? It only happens in multiplayer. It used to happen rarely, now it's like almost every round I have to shut down the game and restart it. :cursing:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Re: Game freezing

Postby FaiL.? » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:40 pm

I've had this problem on JBA on a full round. To prevent it I leave right after the round ends and keep hitting refresh until the new map comes up. When my game freezes I have to ctrl-alt-del it and shut down swbf2. Hope this helped.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Col. Hstar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:39 pm

Yeah that's what happens. I was wondering if someone knows why it happens and if there is something I should do to my computer to stop it.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:30 pm

Oh, my bad. sorry there.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Postby Draigun » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:58 pm

This happens when the server fails to properly move onto the next map. Unfortunately, the cause of why it does this is unknown. It may have to deal with server lag or provider's hardware, but ultimately it's difficult to tell.

There are some cases where if you simply don't move the mouse, the Done button doesn't appear, but you still move onto the next map in a regular fashion.

To give light onto what happens on your client exe, the BattlefrontII.exe freezes at any given CPU threshold (mine is at 25% of one virtual core), and it remains there. It pretty much stays at that threshold until you forcibly end the process.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Tiburana203 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:38 am

Ive experienced this problem as well occasionally. while the problem sometimes originated with the server, as it most often does, i found the problem to be my anti-virus/security suite. AVG seems to get very upset at me when online games send my computer information-in this case, the next map. i ended up just disabling it before playing and haven't had a problem since.
and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:41 am

It's actually from too much pulling. It makes the server gods sad......seriously. :ugeek:
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Draigun » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:34 am

Tiburana203 wrote:Ive experienced this problem as well occasionally. while the problem sometimes originated with the server, as it most often does, i found the problem to be my anti-virus/security suite. AVG seems to get very upset at me when online games send my computer information-in this case, the next map. i ended up just disabling it before playing and haven't had a problem since.

Anti-Viruses do occasionally create this issue. This is because sometimes the game actually doesn't necessarily display the Done button, but your game goes forward anyway to the next map (If Done button appears and you don't move the mouse, there is a timer that auto forwards the map on your end).

Therefore, if there is an anti-virus, it may likely be doing some active process scanning (or whatever crap AV's do these days), thus tampering and probably freezing the game.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby FaiL.? » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:26 am

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:It's actually from too much pulling. It makes the server gods sad......seriously. :ugeek:

I honestly think that we should get a SWGO member to make a mod that lessens the pulling distance.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Postby Outrider » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:38 am

I had a similar problem and even created a topic about it: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4370

Maybe Belgarath's or Bryant's solution can help you here as well.
Outrider
Community Member

Next

Return to Tech support