What causes "CD not authorized" prompt?

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

What causes "CD not authorized" prompt?

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:01 pm

Today. I tried to get into NYC server and received the "CD not authorized" prompt. So I went to Dark....same prompt....went to SL....same message. Why do I get these? And why is it on ALL servers? I do know that it's a type of bug or glitch, but I would like to know if anyone knows why does it do that....and how to fix it. Last time (not this incident) this happened, I restarted the game and it did not go away....then I restarted the computer, and it still gave me that message. It actually went away on it's own...but it still left me wondering why did it happen...and why did it go away on it's own?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Re: What causes "CD not authorized" prompt?

Postby FaiL.? » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:09 pm

If you call up Lucasarts Support board they'lll probably give you a solution.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Nik » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:12 pm

This also often happens to me too. Usually all I need to do is refresh the wifi and restart the program and it will go away. Hopes this helps.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."- Albert Einstein
Nik
Community Member

Xfire: 2badnik
Steam ID: Magnetar1

Postby Son » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Maybe you have been a bad Panama and got banned :whistling:

I have had that happen to me as well and I usually just restart the game and it clears right up.
Welcome to SWGO....Enjoy your ban

Despite what your mamma has told you...
Violence does solve some problems.
Son
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: caeduslives
Steam ID: jwfrens80

Postby WD-40 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:44 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:Today. I tried to get into NYC server and received the "CD not authorized" prompt. So I went to Dark....same prompt....went to SL....same message. Why do I get these? And why is it on ALL servers? I do know that it's a type of bug or glitch, but I would like to know if anyone knows why does it do that....and how to fix it. Last time (not this incident) this happened, I restarted the game and it did not go away....then I restarted the computer, and it still gave me that message. It actually went away on it's own...but it still left me wondering why did it happen...and why did it go away on it's own?

I think NYC hates you. Beyond that, somehow get a different portal to access the server and hope for the best.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Tiburana203 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:04 pm

this problem has become common recently. its caused by someone changing their CD key to yours and then getting banned. the more recent occurrences however have been caused because the developer has apparently run out of keys. anyone buying it new from steam has to wait for new ones to be issued. you've obviously had the game for a while, so its definitely the first cause.

that or its a random bug...
and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Postby Darth Crater » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:49 pm

While that's possible, there's definitely a bug somewhere else in the system. This has come up in too many places where it couldn't have been the key getting banned.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby Duel of Fates » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Restart. Reboot. Crater hit it on the nose. It's happened to me, but rarely.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Brazosgrad » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:20 pm

This isn't a recent phenomenon. It's been around for as long as I've had my game. And I've had three game discs for this and they have all done the same thing. Just restart your computer and continue playing. Really nothing more complicated than that needed.
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:13 am

First of all...how is it possible to be banned from ALL servers? Even though it gave me that message no matter where I went. Second, I did restart the game and the comp....I still received the message. I do know that it's a type of bug, I was just hoping that someone had a bit of insight on why it happens. I actually had to change my CD key for me to enter any server. Thanks though, I do appreciate the responses.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Next

Return to Tech support