New mouse and a new card is out

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

New mouse and a new card is out

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:47 pm

First of all, I'm buying a new mouse because my Asus 800GX is partially broken (i don't recommend that mouse to anyone)
So now I'm wondering what mouses are you guys using? i keep hearing excellent review of the Razer Naga

So I'm wondering if anyone uses it here, i doubt i have that kind of money these days tough, and i'm most likely going to buy the Genius GX DeathTaker which costs half of what the razer naga costs.

However I'm not familiar with the brand "genius" so I'm wondering, does anyone either use this mouse, or recommend it?

Oh and an FYI to all seeking a new Graphic card, the 660GTX is out, and it seems to be at a decent price:

it's going at 240€ (which is the same price as the 560GTX Ti) while the 660GTX Ti is going for 340€

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Re: New mouse and a new card is out

Postby Yanoda » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:35 pm

The 6XX series are much more efficient than the 5XX series, I would say getting the 660 GTX is a good choice.

I never used those types of mouses, so I can't give feedback on them unfortunately.
The current mouse I'm using since 5 years now it the 'Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000'. Nothing fancy, but it does its job well.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby Nik » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:36 pm

I'm also looking for a new mouse due to the fact that my buttons on it are starting to go. I saw the Razer Naga but from what I heard a lot of people don't like it. I think main reasons why is that it is to small and the buttons on the side do not line up with your thumb, so it causes an uncomfortable grip. As for the Genius GX DeathTaker I've heard that it is an OK mouse, but I haven't used it.
Here is another mouse I think you'll like (and yes, this is a mouse.) :lol:

Cyborg R.A.T.7 Infection

Image :punk:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."- Albert Einstein
Nik
Community Member

Xfire: 2badnik
Steam ID: Magnetar1

Postby [m'kay] » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:18 pm

Just get a 20 dollar mouse from literally anywhere. Seriously, I have no clue what the hell these mice you're getting are, but they look like they're designed for RADICAL ten year olds and I would be at least a bit embarrassed to say I own one of those.

EDIT: Nevermind, somehow I only saw the one posted above my post, which looks [m'kay] stupid. The second one you posted looks decent, Minas.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Mandalore » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Anything over 1500 DPI is very unnecessary, mine is about 1500 from 2004 and still works better than most of the new fancy ones that are running 100 bucks plus. Just three buttons, nice, sturdy, and sleek as night.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Well, ill be honest, i don't really care for the DPI, unless you have multiple big screens it's not necesary.
I'm just pissed at the poor quality of gaming mouses, i had a sharcoon fireglider, and in 8 months, tough i loved it, the mouse wheel broke.
I'm now using this Asus GX800 and the mouseweel has been dying on me only 6 months after purchase, now on top of that the buttons are getting unresponsive...

I overuse my PC components, hence why I'm on the lookout for quality and an ergonomic design.

@Narg

Yes that mouse looks....strange, i dislike it's design personally, and somehow feel like that thing would hurt my hand.
It's one of the most expensive gaming mice on the market, around 100$, tough i do say i like it's keyboard counterpart:

Also found this interesting extended keyboard somewhere:

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Nik » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:55 am

[m'kay] wrote:Just get a 20 dollar mouse from literally anywhere. Seriously, I have no clue what the hell these mice you're getting are, but they look like they're designed for RADICAL ten year olds and I would be at least a bit embarrassed to say I own one of those.

Yeah just stick with the simple mice. The one I have is just a Dell 3 button one that came with the computer :wheelchair: .

@MT

That first keyboard is awesome! Where did you find it at?
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."- Albert Einstein
Nik
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:09 am

A spanish webpage where i do all my pc purchases, they both are going for 60-70€

However i've been using a logitec wave forever now and it's brilliant.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Bailey » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:16 am

I have the razer naga epic and it is pretty sweet. Got it initially for SWTOR so I could have more moves at easier reach.
Bailey
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Bailey1020

Postby Nik » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:18 pm

@Bailey

So how do you like the Naga? From what I have heard about it not to many people like it but what do you think about it?

@MT

What is the name of that first keyboard?
Nik
Community Member

Next

Return to Tech support