What Internet Service Do You Use?

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Re: What Internet Service Do You Use?

Postby Nik » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:54 pm

It's Bellsouth DSL and I'm pretty far from the switching office making it even slower. I was looking into maybe getting Insight.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."- Albert Einstein
Nik
Community Member

Xfire: 2badnik
Steam ID: Magnetar1

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 am

Bellsouth DSL 6.0, whatever that means. It' suppose to be the best they have.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby THEWULFMAN » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:52 pm

I have Insight Roadrunner. It's the middle service of the three speeds offered. I forget how fast it is supposed to be. Price is okay.

I like testing from New York servers for my benchmark.

I've played SWBF2, World of Tanks and ARMA 2 without much, if any, server lag. Download speeds suit me just fine.

All in all, I'm happy with it.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby FaiL.? » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Tiburana203 wrote:cox- your friend in the digital age

friendly on speed, but not the wallet.

Exactly.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Infide| wrote:

Exactly.

You haven't even been here a year, and yet you have over a thousand posts. The mind boggles as to how this is possible, what with the effort you pour into every single one. Jesus christ kid, this isn't a chatroom. If you don't have something to actually contribute, then don't.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby FaiL.? » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:49 pm

[m'kay] wrote:
Infide| wrote:

Exactly.

You haven't even been here a year, and yet you have over a thousand posts. The mind boggles as to how this is possible, what with the effort you pour into every single one. Jesus christ kid, this isn't a chatroom. If you don't have something to actually contribute, then don't.

Kid? I am probably the same age as you, seeing your pic on that other topic. I can do whatever I please. I was contributing to the topic by stating the internet service that I use, and replying to Tiburana. Let's be nice.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:55 pm

We can all put a fake age on, kid. By the way guys, i'm actually 37 years old and i've been tricking you all this time! And you contributed to the topic with the post before that, which was fine. But just posting a one word reply is pointless in every single way. Nobody is going to read that and think "hey, i'm glad this was posted", it's not furthering the conversation in any meaningful way, and everyone is just going to ignore it. And in that case, why bother posting it at all?

And for the record, unless you were talking about the one from my birthday, you were looking at a picture taken back in 2009. So, y'know. There's that.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby FaiL.? » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 pm

[m'kay] wrote:We can all put a fake age on, kid. By the way guys, i'm actually 37 years old and i've been tricking you all this time! And you contributed to the topic with the post before that, which was fine. But just posting a one word reply is pointless in every single way. Nobody is going to read that and think "hey, i'm glad this was posted", it's not furthering the conversation in any meaningful way, and everyone is just going to ignore it. And in that case, why bother posting it at all?

And for the record, unless you were talking about the one from my birthday, you were looking at a picture taken back in 2009. So, y'know. There's that.

I see your point. Thanks. No more warring. Right?
FaiL.?
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Sure, whatever. It was just getting really, really annoying after so many times.
[m'kay]
MVP

Previous

Return to Tech support