Monitor questions...

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Monitor questions...

Postby Brazosgrad » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:45 pm

I've been using a 24" HP w2408h monitor for 3+ years now, and it has been fair for photoshop and great for gaming. However, it is starting to get a fuzzy patch in the upper-left-center. It isn't really noticeable during games, but on still images while in photoshop, its annoying, as I have to move around to view that area for editing.

I've looked at the Asus VS239H-P and the Dell U2412M, as both are IPS panels, which are better for photoshop, but less so for games. The Asus shows to have some hardware acceleration that helps defeat ghosting during gaming. Is anyone using either of these monitors? I've considered keeping the old HP hooked up and go with a dual monitor setup, since it is still fine for gaming. Any comparable recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Re: Monitor questions...

Postby Pootus » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:40 pm

Get new one...look for top line and find one thats a refurb.

I've had a LG Flatron W2053tx for over a year now...and has fantastic picture for gaming and photos. Got refurb for about $140.00.
NewEgg has alot of nice deals.
Pootie Tang will draw you a picture of how he gonna kick your ass, then mail it to you ten days in advance. The picture gets there right? You're goin', "What the hell is this?" and then Pootie Tang knocks on your door, Promptly kicks your ass and you still won't know what happened to you!
Pootus
SWBF2 Admin

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:49 pm

I just picked up an Emerson 32" led for $160. That'd work
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Brazosgrad » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:41 am

For Photoshop those wouldn't work. I've shopped almost exclusively at Newegg for about 7 years now. Sometimes Fry's. At this point I wouldn't buy anything less than an IPS monitor. That LG is a TN panel. I'm going to ask on one of my photo sites...thanks.
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Return to Tech support