Graphics card question

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Graphics card question

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Matthew has a Dell Inspiron 660s and he wants to get a graphics card for it. All I know at the moment is that it has a really small cabinet so it would require a small card. I don't know anything else about it, but I'm thinking it's a waste of time and money to try and upgrade an inexpensive desktop. I could be very wrong so I'm open to any suggestions.

He's not trying to play anything super demanding, he just wants what he has to run better. He does play a lot of Minecraft if that helps.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Re: Graphics card question

Postby Darth Crater » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:33 pm

After some quick research into the model, you're going to be limited not only by space but by that 220W power supply. You may not have many options available. There are some recommendations in the links off of this search.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Re: Graphics card question

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:54 pm

I actually read through a lot of those, I just feel it'll be a waste of his money. I'm definitely not looking into upping the power supply. Thanks for the help though.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Return to Tech support