Issues with (SWGO)HA DC

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Issues with (SWGO)HA DC

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi there,

I'm in Italy for vacation (Vatican City and the Colosseum were wonderful, by the way) , and partly because Jet-Lag makes sleeping difficult I have decided to try and play SWBF2 for a little while. Unfortunately, I can't seem to connect to HA DC. All the other servers will admit me with a normal ping, but HA DC delivers the message "CD Key Not Authorized..." when I attempt to connect.

If it's of any help, I had to use a friend's SWBF2 copy (CD Key) b/c I didn't buy mine through Steam. I've never broken server rules, and to the best of my knowledge he hasn't either. It's possible he did something and got himself banned, but I didn't know that beforehand. If that is the case, I don't mind, just let me know and I'll play JBA/NYC or something.

If someone could just offer an explanation (his CD key is banned/I've got some computer issues/I'm doing something wrong tech-wise/etc.), I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
SirPepsi
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Re: Issues with (SWGO)HA DC

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:11 pm

:facepalm:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:14 pm

haasd0gg wrote::facepalm:

Bonguorno Senori.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:47 pm

It was quite possibly a bug. I get those sometimes. I bet if you tried later it will be OK.. unless you did get yourself banned. Send one of us admins your cd hashkey and we can check the ban list. I know we have some bans with your name, but they were imposters with potty mouths. Well, we're assuming they're imposters. :whistling:
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:32 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:Hi there,

I'm in Italy for vacation (Vatican City and the Colosseum were wonderful, by the way) , and partly because Jet-Lag makes sleeping difficult I have decided to try and play SWBF2 for a little while. Unfortunately, I can't seem to connect to HA DC. All the other servers will admit me with a normal ping, but HA DC delivers the message "CD Key Not Authorized..." when I attempt to connect.

If it's of any help, I had to use a friend's SWBF2 copy (CD Key) b/c I didn't buy mine through Steam. I've never broken server rules, and to the best of my knowledge he hasn't either. It's possible he did something and got himself banned, but I didn't know that beforehand. If that is the case, I don't mind, just let me know and I'll play JBA/NYC or something.

If someone could just offer an explanation (his CD key is banned/I've got some computer issues/I'm doing something wrong tech-wise/etc.), I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
SirPepsi

Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:15 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:It was quite possibly a bug. I get those sometimes. I bet if you tried later it will be OK.. unless you did get yourself banned. Send one of us admins your cd hashkey and we can check the ban list. I know we have some bans with your name, but they were imposters with potty mouths. Well, we're assuming they're imposters. :whistling:

Thanks Panama. Yep, it may be a bug, but it has maintained itself for the last 2 days. :( I'll try again shortly, thanks.

Yeah, I got an email from Eyes Only telling me some clan had chosen to impersonate me for awhile. I assure you none of them was me - there's probably some precedent that can attest to that. Besides, this CD Key is my friend's (Beaver something or other), so unless he got himself banned on the servers by impersonating me/anyone else or cursing/being stupid, I don't see why HA would reject my entry. If that is the case though, when I get home, I'll make sure to switch my keys out (to the one I have on my other computer) and store it via a Non-Steam Application option on Steam.

His CD hash is
Spoiler: show
[Edited out for safety reasons] *facepalm* I'm an idiot for posting it here just now!
Thanks for the help.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:17 pm

The key and keyhash are 2 separate things.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:47 pm

Oh, haha, how do I find the Keyhash?

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:27 am

The hash key you gave me Pepsi didn't work. I copied and pasted what you sent me, and pasted it into a player finder site. Nothing under that hash key came up. Either it's never been used, or it was a invalid key. As I mentioned earlier, I've had those same incidents as you. I, being an admin, and able to do so... would restart the server and 99.00 of the time, it worked. Once, it didn't. I waited until the next day and everything was back to normal. These are rare occurrences, I've only encountered those issues ... 3 - 4 times since 2006. Hope things clear up for you.

At Haas. What is the difference between a hash key, and a CD key?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby haasd0gg » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:57 am

The key hash is a cryptographical representation of the actual CD key
haasd0gg
Overlord

Next

Return to Tech support