Techies, Help?

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Techies, Help?

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:37 pm

I recently experienced another problem with HA. While playing this morning, a routine match ended and I went AFK for approximately 30-35 minutes, when I reopened BF2 (after alt-tabbing), the match had ended and I clicked the "Done" button to proceed to the next one. The following message appeared "Contacting Server Host" or something similar and ran for 3-4 minutes, at which point I lost server connection and returned to the lobby.When trying to rejoin the server, my CD-Key was apparently unauthorized. The same occurred for JBA. I restarted game - same thing. Restarted comp, booted up and both JBA and NYC allowed me to join. HA still locked me out, however. Restarted comp again and experienced the same issue.

I know I wasn't banned:

1) I don't break server rules
2) No ban message

So what could it be? I can try again inna few hours and maybe reinstall the game, but IDK. Any suggestions?
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Re: Techies, Help?

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:53 pm

I once banned someone on July 28 for impersonating you... or maybe it was you? It is odd because I banned that "SirPepsi" in july and I have seen you play several times lately. I am starting to think I actually banned you if you were playing with another key. This is just a theory... I am not sure why that is happening to you.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:58 pm

It's a glitch in the game. It happens to me once in awhile. Latest last night, in my server.. same as you, afk, came back with the "done" screen, clicked on it and it tried to connect to the next map...well, you know the rest. I too had unauthorized cd key or something like that. I had to restart the server for it to go away. Sorry, I know you don't have that option. More than that.. I have no idea how else to fix it.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:18 pm

@Otto: I appreciate the response. Hmm...that makes me laugh. I posted on the forums here about being unable to get in in July (using a different key). I was using a different version of the game on my laptop than I do on my main comp. I either bought 2 copies of the game when I was younger and didn't know I could install the same game on more than one comp or something like that. So that explains the problem last month, but this time I just don't know.

@Pan, Thanks for the post. You and I probably encountered similar if not identical problems. I'll try again when I get home, but if it's still acting funny I'll Xfire someone and see if they'll resart te server for me :P If not, I can wait until the server crashes and restarts on its own (that happens more often than not, yeah?) and join then. I'm sure I can get it fixed, even if I'm forced to reinstall.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:48 pm

No need to reinstall. It's a server issue, not yours.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 pm

Thanks, buddy.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby CommanderOtto » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:01 pm

in that case, please try to log in to the game with both versions. Tell me if one of those is banned so I can unban you. I banned on sight when I saw SirPepsi due to all the impersonators.
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Will do Otto. I know one of them is banned, and I can give you the CD Key soon. I still have to test whether I can logon (if the issue is fixed) though

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby Draigun » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:41 am

Caused by the client responding to the next map. Be in there long enough, and you will not be able to connect since it's not the current map that is being played, but rather what your client thought was the next map.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Return to Tech support