RM information

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

RM information

Postby 11_Panama_ » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:58 am

Hola all. Wondering if anyone can help me here. I want to be able to save my RM info, so I don't have to type it in after every shut down. In the past, I do recall calling up the RM program and all info would be saved, didn't have to type anything in... just hit connect. Since I've had this computer, I have not been able to save required info. Help please. Gracias in advance.

PS. Running Win 8.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Re: RM information

Postby Bryant » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:07 am

It's suppose to save automatically. Maybe it does not have permission to save in its folder. Try right-clicking and running it as administrator. If that works than you can change to compatibility to always run as admin.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby Draigun » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:26 am

This is a bug in the program, and it's caused when you start it up then exit out without hitting the Connect button.

If you start it up, just make sure to at least hit Connect once, so that way it saves the information.

However, as Bryant had mentioned, it could also be that saving fails because the program is not running in admin mode, and thus the permission is denied to save the info.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby -)G(-Sawyer » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Draigun wrote:This is a bug in the program, and it's caused when you start it up then exit out without hitting the Connect button.

If you start it up, just make sure to at least hit Connect once, so that way it saves the information.

However, as Bryant had mentioned, it could also be that saving fails because the program is not running in admin mode, and thus the permission is denied to save the info.

Draigun is right about the bug in the software. Another way to get around it is to enter your server info and then make the configuration file in the rm folder "read only" that way it will not be able to remove it.

Also keep the rm folder out of any system folder. So place it in a user folder like docs.

I'm on Windows 8 and have no issue like this.
"If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"
General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett
-)G(-Sawyer
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Sawyer73
Steam ID: Sawyer1701

Return to Tech support