Tech question

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Tech question

Postby (SWGO)Max » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:48 pm

So one of the many reasons I haven't been playing bf2 for the past 6 months is because one of my computer messed up with bf2. I downloaded and added the 1.3 Patch I believe it was... with the fake console and stuff. Well it started messing up the multiplayer. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling 5+ times, when I install and launch the game, it still has all the same crap from the addon I made. I'm pretty sure I deleted all the files I could find for that patch and it wont go away. It makes it 99% unable to play. It skips, lags, and a whole bunch of crazy stuff that has nothing to do with lag. It is simply because of the addon. I got the addon to try the free camera.

ANY clue at all how I can get rid of this? I just want to have bf2 without the patch. But I can't get rid of it.
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Xfire: mrelite1

Re: Tech question

Postby -)G(-Sawyer » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:08 pm

You just need to delete the game folder completely when uninstalling the game.
"If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"
General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett
-)G(-Sawyer
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Sawyer73
Steam ID: Sawyer1701

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Try to find a free program that has a "disc explorer". Sometimes uninstalling a program doesn't work.. files remain due to being in more than one location. I've experienced same issues with programs, I delete them, only for them to resurface somewhere else. A "disc explorer" will find them. Example... you might of deleted files from Lucas Arts, but the same file(s) remain under "users". Hope this helped. Keep us informed if it works or fails please, I would like to know what you find.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby (SWGO)Max » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:43 pm

-)G(-Sawyer wrote:You just need to delete the game folder completely when uninstalling the game.

What do you mean by the game folder?

@Panama, I'll let you know. I likely wont get to it today but I'll try tht for sure when I get to it.
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Postby [NH]Mr.Yankovic » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:41 pm

(SWGO)_==MAX==SPEED== wrote:
-)G(-Sawyer wrote:You just need to delete the game folder completely when uninstalling the game.

What do you mean by the game folder?

@Panama, I'll let you know. I likely wont get to it today but I'll try tht for sure when I get to it.

get winRAR and delete addon folder in this location "c:/(your c drive name)/program files x86(assuming you have a 64bit os)/Lucasart/SWBF2 (or something like that)/game data/addon" there You Go! :gunsmilie:
Don't Take No Passengers-Rico Rodriguez [NH]Mr.Yankovic Morbid Angel
[NH]Mr.Yankovic
Community Member

Location: Hiding Behind Your Car Peeling Your Licence Plate Sticker Off.
Xfire: mryankovic

Postby (SWGO)Max » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:48 pm

I had already deleted the "Addon" folder.

Yesterday I got on the pc and searched for star wars and I deleted anything related to BF2 (short of RM) so today I will probably install bf2 and see if that fixed it. That's assuming I find the CD that someone in my family has moved :roll:
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Max » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:12 pm

(SWGO)_==MAX==SPEED== wrote:I had already deleted the "Addon" folder.

Yesterday I got on the pc and searched for star wars and I deleted anything related to BF2 (short of RM) so today I will probably install bf2 and see if that fixed it. That's assuming I find the CD that someone in my family has moved :roll:

When I reinstalled it everything seemed to work fine and I did not see any remains of the addon. Thanks guize
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Return to Tech support