reasonless booting

Having trouble? Our experts may be able to help.

Moderator: Jango_Fred

Re: reasonless booting

Postby (SWGO)DesertEagle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:49 am

It appears to sometimes occur when an admin kicks or bans a player. Something happens to that slot on the server, and when you happen to get that slot, it keeps booting you. Sometimes it just goes away, sometimes restarting the game works, sometimes the whole server has to restart.

It's a very strange bug for sure, nobody has totally pinned it down.
(SWGO)DesertEagle
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:19 pm

CommanderOtto wrote:lol at this conversation. Pepsi, I did not restart the server, I restarted the map and it worked. But actually, it seems there is no real solution to the problem. Sometimes I ban myself and it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes a map restart works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes a server restart might work, but then we would be left without players for a while. I guess what WD is trying to say is that we need a better provider that is probably more expensive, but you know that not many people donate. Even I have not donated in a long time, but once I get back to work this summer, I will.

Sorry...I was in a sour mood. Shouldn't have even got on the server.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby CommanderOtto » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:31 pm

WD-40 wrote:
CommanderOtto wrote:lol at this conversation. Pepsi, I did not restart the server, I restarted the map and it worked. But actually, it seems there is no real solution to the problem. Sometimes I ban myself and it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes a map restart works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes a server restart might work, but then we would be left without players for a while. I guess what WD is trying to say is that we need a better provider that is probably more expensive, but you know that not many people donate. Even I have not donated in a long time, but once I get back to work this summer, I will.

Sorry...I was in a sour mood. Shouldn't have even got on the server.

nah, no worries Steve. :th_a017:
CommanderOtto
SWBF2 Admin

Previous

Return to Tech support