Spectating vs Game play

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Spectating vs Game play

Postby WD-40 » Wed May 26, 2010 11:51 pm

Quick question. I asked an Admin who suggested I post this. We all know the average point score is Total points divided by Total minutes in-game. However, if you are simply 'spectating' (ie not earning points), is the clock ticking thereby driving your point average down, or do you have to assign to a team for the clock to run? Obviously, you've 'joined' as soon as the map loads. Just wondering.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Re: Spectating vs Game play

Postby Jango_Fred » Thu May 27, 2010 2:29 am

Yes...once I started admining... my points per minute went WAY down. Not that it was all that high to begin with.
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Thu May 27, 2010 11:10 am

Same here, my aliases tend to have much better scores
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby Mace Hindu » Thu May 27, 2010 12:24 pm

lol i dont even check scores XD just play for fun
(SWGO)^Mace Hindu^-GMRZ-
Representing for New Zealand SWBF2 since 2006
Mace Hindu
Community Member

Xfire: thepowerofhindu

Postby Dad » Thu May 27, 2010 1:56 pm

I spectate frequently and was told by several people that it does drive your average down.

But, I dont play for averages, I play to shred.
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby Jango_Fred » Thu May 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Yes... if I played for bragging rights on scores.... I would have quit a long time ago
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby BurzaP » Thu May 27, 2010 2:29 pm

If you spectate you can have even 400 minutes and 0 points, doesn't matter you just spectate. I observed it when I looked up to haasd0gg's score one time.
Personally, I see a kinda challenge in getting better score per map and on gametracker because playing just "for playing" could be dull after 2000h of gameplay, am I right? Of course, if you had other, more interesitng games on your comp. I play barely so to get better place on gametracker I need far better kill/mins ratio. But I can't be e.g 1st when someone over me plays over 20h per week and me only 10...
Anyway, I compared stats from the old JBA and current and......... either no one spectate now or just guyz get skilled because look at the kills/mins ratio. I know that after some time it's going down eventually but now it's pretty good for everyone:
(on the 1st JBA the best ratio had got haas (in 1st 10) and it was circe about 2.01 now it's... just look at it:)

score.jpg
score.jpg (60.15 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby WD-40 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Yeah, that all jives with what happened. I dropped .22 in my score after watching Braz, Jedi, Richdog, Pad72 and others battle on Tant 4, and that was after my cranking out good scores on other maps just before that. Ergo, Simple points will rank you, not hours and not the average. Seems I'll do what a few of you hve done and use an Alias for spectating and fun play when I could care less about points. Thanks guys! Great info!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Corpse » Thu May 27, 2010 4:03 pm

On Hero Assault, my score per minute drops by about 0.6 whenever Koko, Kren or Dari join the server :no:
I think getting a good Kill/death ratio is more impressive than getting a good score per min: Mine would increase lots if I ran straight in for the kill every time, but I'd die more, which makes me worse, imo.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby BurzaP » Thu May 27, 2010 4:17 pm

heh, I know that it's not the ratio which place you high but it helps you. If I don't play so much I can't have many points e.g brazo played 2h and had 300 points, but I was able to play only 1,5h so the only way for me to have more points than him was to have better kill/mins ratio. (it didn't happen, it was only an example). Now I'm 3rd with 3.38 and above me is Brazo with 2.07. See.....
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II