Xfire chat log report, "Admin (SWGO) Corpse"

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Xfire chat log report, "Admin (SWGO) Corpse"

Postby Corpse » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:51 am

Lmao!

I wasn't trying to be you Koko, but your first line of text will ensure I never do this again, ever. I thought about banning, but in my head I was just like "What? Is this guy for real?" and felt like trying to understand what the hell he was doing. I'll follow your advice, and just hit him with the hammer next time.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby KOko » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:28 pm

what? you took this as an advice???
what a fail.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:17 pm

I expect our admins to act respectfully in game at all times. What you do in xfire is your business.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby Draigun » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Corpse wrote:Actually Drai, I was so rude to him because earlier in the day, he had constantly accused me of glitching in front of a populated server which I was supposed to be admining for. It takes some credibility away from my instructions to other players not to break rules if some moron says he has 40 minutes of video evidence of me glitching, and is going to get me permabanned for it. I can has see the footage?

Also, yeah I guess I should've acted more maturely, I tend to just want to troll people when they're stupid.

Quite frankly, like you said before, you shouldn't be cussing at him even though he is accusing you. If he accuses you, just say in admin "Corpse is an admin here." Problem solved. Usually, an admin will not break any of the admin rules. That's why saying that solves the issue. Cussing from an admin is an immature way of dealing with people in-game without any power.

KOko wrote:OMG CORPSE! STOP TRYING BEING KOKO!
You are a fail hater, and this may lead you to fail admin.
If someone is disrespecting you on your server with fail accusations trying to ruin your name just ban him man.
This is why there is a "for disrespecting the Admin" ban.

But if you wanna go and harrass someone over xfire just do it with style and dont regret. ever.

About players on GMRZ server - they all deserve every harrasement possible for playing there (this includes myself sometimes).
GMRZ is fail.

About holding admins on higher standard - every Admin have right of private life and opinion. If an Admin want to harrass someone on private conversation he have the frakkin right to do so.

Yeah. GMRZ is fail. And yes, admin do have every right to do whatever they want outside the game. In-game is the matter here, as MC stated previously.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Corpse » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:17 pm

Draigun wrote:
Quite frankly, like you said before, you shouldn't be cussing at him even though he is accusing you. If he accuses you, just say in admin "Corpse is an admin here." Problem solved. Usually, an admin will not break any of the admin rules. That's why saying that solves the issue. Cussing from an admin is an immature way of dealing with people in-game without any power.

This was an Xfire chat, I would't use bad language like that in-game.

And yeah, the "report" didn't really work, we can has padlock?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Draigun » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Oh I thought this whole time, this was in a SWGO server...

In that case, it doesn't matter what you did. :-|
Draigun
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:29 am

Kilo Mama Alpha

Corpse had a higher tolerance for stupidity than I would have had if I had been in the same situation. I have seen the logs of the convo on both the server and the Xfire, and quite frankly, Corpse did better than many others would have. I could just see Corpse sittin there thinking, "now what would Matt C. do?"

I personally would have followed Koko's advice and banned the moron for a day after about 5 minutes of his idiotic accusations. But my background is to shoot first and ask questions later.

And Dark whatever your name is, if you have proof of Admins glitching, then bring it. We tolerate it less with our members and especially admins, just ask Drai. I personally do not play favorites and I hold our admins to a higher standard. (and I must say that so far, none of the "current" admin staff has let me down.)
So Dark whatever your name is, bring the proof, or
SigmaTangoFoxtrotUniform.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:39 am

Dark,

I know that in-game actions and comments made by you in the past have been somewhat questionable to say the least; you have been kicked, banned etc by me and other admins due to your exploits in-game.

None of the admins do anything questionable in terms of glitching etc and as Duel mentioned if you have proof then post it here for everyone to see otherwise if might be and idea to back-down.

Regards,

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby Matt-Chicago » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:31 am

Don't want to just pile on here - but ya man, we kind of choose our admins based on players having good attitudes and following the rules.
I have never seen any of our current admins glitching - note both words there - never and any.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby Draigun » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:49 am

As Duel stated previously, ask me about it. Usually, since MC chose these admins, it is not likely that the opposing side would win. If the opposing side does win, that would be because of so many proof. And if it was actually right, that would be a definite +1 point to your side. However, backing up an xfire convo with just Corpse insulting you, does not mean justice will be served. Like today, you need evidence to ensure justice has been served.

Unless if you have a ton of proof (videos, screens, and endless convos), attempting to show SWGO that the admin is doing wrong will 95% of the time, not work.

You have to think outside the box. Other admins may notice that the following admin is doing bad. Usually, the community itself monitors themselves. As funny as this may sound, it's very effective for spotting a wrong admin. The only time I've seen an admin get stripped from his admin was from the admins themselves. The regular community did not notice false admin or anything at all. This is extremely uncommon for the regular community not to notice, but it DID happen.
Draigun
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II