history?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: history?

Postby mrjamwin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:26 pm

samonuh wrote:I still think we should form SWGMRZO

Yeah, because there would be no power struggle in that union huh, Samonut?
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:26 pm

KOko wrote:
valentijnme wrote:what i do ot understand is why SWGO doesent have their own server.......but i gues its all about money in the end....

IF you mean why SWGO do not have No-Force server, we used to have a few times, but it wasn't succesful.
At the time there were different more popular No-Force servers like GFAQ's Community Server, Noobgrinder or HiddenArrows
Just about lately when all those servers went down for good, the GMRZ No-Force started to become popular, eventually passing the top 40 mark :lol:
Since both our servers are in Top 6, why should we invest more money in a lost cause ?

yea what i meant is having the computer yourself you know what i mean...
and a lot of SERVERS closed probably unsucsesfull or money...
i mean i dont even know what the "order 66 no lag" server was
nor why the no-PULL server is closed... i think expirienced player whould go on there....

ps. i heared a new GAMRZ server is opening which equals force powers...like
low-range pull and no more choke bugs.....
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Matt-Chicago » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:03 pm

We experimented with having our own box, on two different hosts, but for our budget we just weren't able to afford the hardware and connection required for online gaming. Now we pay by the slot, so any new servers or additional slots will cost additional money. I think we're doing alright with what we have. There is probably room for 2-3 busy conquest servers and maybe two busy hero servers, which is what there basically is right now. All other servers seem to be niche clan servers, or PS2 or 1.0 servers.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:05 pm

well i agree that it is very dumb 2 keep open servers that cost money and are unused but for example JBA opened an it is the most used server in the world...
so expirimenting whith this isnt bad as long as they are sucsesfull in the end.....
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby KOko » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:07 pm

valentijnme wrote:ps. i heared a new GAMRZ server is opening which equals force powers...like
low-range pull and no more choke bugs.....

While lowering the pull range make sense, there were never choke bugs that have to be corrected.
If you mean choke glitches like inf choke or choke lightning, they cannot fix that serverside.

The game is fairly ballanced itself. The only issue with pull is the scope, both as range and width, and the fact it does not affect teammates.
Otherwise, you cannot fix the players who want to make more kills with less effort. If they don't exploit pull it will be push, and there will be massive KSing all the time.
Combined with natural lack of admins on GMRZ servers this will be just the next pity-mess-server.

This is not the first attempt of GMRZ to make something to raise the popularity of their servers, and most likely this will end up just like all others.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:39 pm

well i will check out the changes when it opened they tryed 2 make choke blockable but they failed...
and i thought they were trying 2 correct things like choke lightning....

and your right koko exept for the pull range is the game balanced
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Corpse » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:01 pm

They never said they'd make choke 'blockable'. Dread even explicitly said that they couldn't do that.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Corpse wrote:They never said they'd make choke 'blockable'. Dread even explicitly said that they couldn't do that.

yep they tryed and failed thats what i meant 2 say as 2 make force equal they should all be blockable
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Corpse » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Push keeps someone down after one click, you need to hold the button down on choke or they'll get up again. That is balanced.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:24 pm

true but there is no escape from choke
choke damages push doesent.
choke breaks block so at close range push vs choke is a little unbalanced 1 good aimed choke and your dead no mather what you do
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II