history?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: history?

Postby Corpse » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:24 pm

What I don't understand is your constant insulting of GMRZ, Val. You're too new to have any reason to be hostile towards them.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby KOko » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:31 pm

I think you are messed up somewhat Val. Right now GMRZ server is the last No-Force FFA/Duels server.
Therefore you will meet some very good players there. But here comes the misunderstanding and hatred between casual and no-force part of the community.

The "Pro" players usualy will exploit the cheapest tactics to the max. Therefore, playing with Pro's will usually be quite unfunny, unless you wanna do the same.
I had some similar experience in my last GWL match... it was predefined as my loss because I refused to use GWL Launcher that is mandatory now.
But my opponent still choose to stick with Aayla 180-degree-dashes and GG CD-n-mash, while I was lenient enough to play Emperor and Vader...
All the pro-cheapness to get a pity 3 points difference in a preset win ? This I don't understand. Maybe I'm just too bored.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:06 pm

At the end of the day what has happened in the past should now stay in the past, water under the bridge etc. I recommend you try to overcome the current feelings towards the GMRZ people but that's up to you.

Regarding what Koko said that is one reason I don't want to play in competition, it's boring. I could CB, CD etc etc but I see no fun in doing that on the off chance of scoring a point however if that is what you want go for it. For me HA is enough; if there was not as much lag it would be better. The cry babies, whinging gits and the glitching fools is all part of the norm of HA so if you can get past that and it's easier to handle.

I think the history part has now been summarised for everyone so unless there are no objections I propose locking the topic.
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:12 pm

yea i think kren is right i was just asking cos someone from GARMZ said you dont know the histery between WGO and GAMRZ....
you may lock this it was never my intencion 2 bring up bad memebries i just like 2 know what happend that you are SWGO today

so ill try 2 have some fun right now in the server see you there
:action-smiley-043: :star-wars-smiley-026: :gunsmilie:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby samonuh » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:26 pm

In response to KOko, I wasn't insulting SWGO servers and their validity of being in the Top 10. I mean, I love JBA and such. I was just stating the justification behind why they are higher ranked than GMRZ servers
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:12 pm

Flyswamper wrote:
valentijnme wrote:em is there a way that i can know the history betewwn WGO and GAMRZ?

I'm sure there is a richer more interesting story, but what I would say goes something like this....

Once upon a time there was WGO.
Certain members started making up their own rules and tried taking over things like teamspeak
WGO support cracked down and put an end to the "making up rules" bit
Certain members didn't like the fact that they weren't as powerful as they thought they were (or should be)
Certain members split off to form GMRZ where they could make their own rules.
WGO key financial contributors decided they didn't want to keep paying for Star Wars...they want to focus on Battlefield games
SWGO was born to keep alive the Star Wars Battlefront servers/group/community
WGO carries on doing the Battlefield thing, SWGO carries on doing the Star Wars thing, GMRZ carries on doing their thing...

...and then WD-40 showed up, and everything went down the crapper.... :lol:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby WD-40 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:57 pm

mrjamwin wrote:Quite honestly, I think the split has been good. Three new and different gaming communities created from one fulfulling and meeting the needs of many different types of players from different parts of the world.

Just like the U.S. Congress. Good observation Jamwin! :punk:
...And NO, I was NOT trying to start a 'political' discussion!

Personally, I think Samonuh was just making an observation from the outside looking in..that's all...This is all very interesting stuff to me.

KOko wrote:SWGO switched the host at least 4 times since we splited from old WGO. All server stats, IP, location and everything was reset 4 times.
Last time was just a couple of months ago. And after every change we were able to start from scratch and develop Top10 servers.
Most of the current players, no matter what clan, started playing this game on our JBA and Hero Assault servers.
You may like or dislike SWGO and/or our servers, but you cannot say a thing against our dominance over SWBF2 community.
As I have stated for years now - the day SWGO drop support for SWBF2 the game will die completely.

Well said KOko! :clap:
Last edited by WD-40 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby KOko » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:54 pm

samonuh wrote:I was just stating the justification behind why they are higher ranked than GMRZ servers

SWGO servers are ranked higher because they are better set up, maintained and admined.
GMRZ had more than year and a half advantage and they are still fighting for top 40.
They even tried with stealing our server names and yet they failed.
The only reason most ppl play there is because there is no other No-Force FFA/Duels server.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:55 am

Corpse wrote:What I don't understand is your constant insulting of GMRZ, Val. You're too new to have any reason to be hostile towards them.

yea well i was actually talking about hero assult.
everything i know from duelling is frem the FFA server and KOKO is right there are some very expirienced players there.
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby haasd0gg » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:52 pm

KOko wrote:
samonuh wrote:I was just stating the justification behind why they are higher ranked than GMRZ servers

SWGO servers are ranked higher because they are better set up, maintained and admined.
GMRZ had more than year and a half advantage and they are still fighting for top 40.
They even tried with stealing our server names and yet they failed.
The only reason most ppl play there is because there is no other No-Force FFA/Duels server.

Youre goddamned right
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II