Postby Doves » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:29 pm

that too
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Re: (SWGO) JBA skills

Postby haasd0gg » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:37 am

I remember this other guy back in the WGO days who dominated the top spot on JBA for a couple years or so... total minewhore, but invincible... :afro:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby WD-40 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm too inconsistent to be considered really, really good at any type. My best success is definetly Vanguard. I've been trying Engy lately since there's so damn many of them in-game, so I may as well be one...I can shoot the gun quite well, but det pack throwing...well..I throw like a sissy :whistling: Sometimes, I can't get the det to throw at all. If I get that down, I'll be a decent challenge. I like using the engy only on certain occassions, especially on Naboo (pretty much the whole map) and Death Star to start out in the hangars...then move to Vanguard and blast away down the noob chute detention block once the block Command Post is captured.

I can only snipe well once I've had a glass or two of rum since it steadys my aim, and my trigger pull (mouse click) is much smoother. :punk:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:48 pm

WD-40 wrote:I'm too inconsistent to be considered really, really good at any type. My best success is definetly Vanguard. I've been trying Engy lately since there's so damn many of them in-game, so I may as well be one...I can shoot the gun quite well, but det pack throwing...well..I throw like a sissy :whistling: Sometimes, I can't get the det to throw at all. If I get that down, I'll be a decent challenge. I like using the engy only on certain occassions, especially on Naboo (pretty much the whole map) and Death Star to start out in the hangars...then move to Vanguard and blast away down the noob chute detention block once the block Command Post is captured.

I can only snipe well once I've had a glass or two of rum since it steadys my aim, and my trigger pull (mouse click) is much smoother. :punk:

Well WD trowing the det is quite easy.
Press and hold the right button till you see the det straped to the engies arm and looking up will increase the distance as well.

BTW what helps a lot whith the engies shotgun is by zooming in...it increases aim and damage over far ranges somehow.

Vanguards are more deffensive troops and because almost everyone is an engie its less effective.

If you snipe i whould recomend a mouse whith a DPI change buton on it as it changes mouse sensibilety whithout going to options.

I do recommend anyone to use special classes and to learn how to use frags.

I just recently discovered how to use darkies very well....
Wookies are good but way to slow.....MAGNA is still the best troop around.... :gunsmilie: :gunsmilie:

MT :gun_bandana:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Jedi Power » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:15 pm

My Storm Shock/Vanguard is offensive all the way and effective! I only have serious trouble when faced with more than one engineer. Those long reloads after a miss are an eternity. The players that really rule with the engineer I have learned to fire and run because you will only get one shot.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby WD-40 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Jedi Power wrote:My Storm Shock/Vanguard is offensive all the way and effective! I only have serious trouble when faced with more than one engineer. Those long reloads after a miss are an eternity. The players that really rule with the engineer I have learned to fire and run because you will only get one shot.

So very true. Maybe I should run away more often! :lol:

And MT Yeah...I need to hold a det sooner, but once throw, I screw up trying to get another one launched. Also, I kinda figured that zoom would help with accuracy and damage for engys, but those that get the Flechette are the most deadly. One shot, one kill.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Brazosgrad » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:11 pm

haasd0gg wrote:I remember this other guy back in the WGO days who dominated the top spot on JBA for a couple years or so... total minewhore, but invincible... :afro:

Wonder if I can remember just WHO that was? hmmm....
Brazosgrad incognito
Brazosgrad
SWBF2 Admin

Postby burzerker » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Yan vanguards and shock troopers are totally offensive f you ask me. They need to be up front mining doors, and throwing nades whenever possible. Not to mention at the caps dropping mines everywhere. To get the engi's I love finding an npc or other non-engi to drop a mine on and take them both out ;) Go ahead and chase me with that shotgun and det all you want, I'll still blow you up ..lol
"The democracy will ceases to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
burzerker
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II