jba tk on

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: jba tk on

Postby WD-40 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:22 am

sinty wrote:then perhaps locking the topic would be wise? Since you dont plan to appease the little kids who are crying about det pack tossing.

nahh..we haven't beat the horse dead yet..this is a topic that's evolved into anti-det pack rushing noobers venting...a must in todays screwed up world.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby sinty » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:43 am

I've never heard of the authorities encouraging whining and trolling, epic.
sinty
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:50 am

personnaly a mod chould take care of it.
The problem is expirienced players that rush their way trew their enemied.
Engies are way overpowered being inmume to mines and then able to rush?
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Corpse » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:47 am

Why is it a problem? It's not a problem. AIDS is a problem. Cancer is a problem. The situation in Libya is a problem. Getting killed because you're too inept to get out the way isn't a problem. :angry:
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby SWINE FLU » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:50 am

The reason I play JBA is because TK is off. People det/mine rush because it's part of the game. If it's part of the game then people have to live with it, it's there to be used.

MT, I can't remember any server like that. Sorry.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby deadmeow » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:45 pm

When I first started playing SWBF2, I didn't like the det rushers. So what did I do? I learned to det pack. End of problem. A good sniper can free shoot a det packer before he even has a chance. A very good rocket man can shoot a det packer with his single rocket. Any noob with a Bothan can fry a det packer, (I like to do this too). A very good rifle man can shoot down a det packer before he can get close enough to do anything.

The larger difficulty is probe-noobing, but the solution to that is to det pack them, mine them, or blast them.

TK on gets old, as there are too many team kills from grenades and rockets and mines. I have no problem making long baseball throws with my det packs, so I do fine either way, with or without TK.
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby Jdg50 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:28 pm

First Off, I don't think modding the server to do that is as easy as you think it is.

Second, like stated before, if you don't like getting det rushed/mine rushed, learn how to combat it!
O_o
Jdg50
Community Member

Xfire: Jdg50legomaster
Steam ID: Jdg50Legomaster

Postby Pietro » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:05 am

Matt-Chicago wrote:This has been tried before and there used to be lots of US ff-on conquest servers, but they've since all died.
The only servers which survived are JBA, Merc, and SP Dark Force - all with ff-off.

If you want to try ff-on feel free on the NYC server, it can be better for small battles, but as others have said, 36 people on conquest with ff-on and it's would be tk city.

In europe there is a german server named EntenteichII with ff on and heroes off [and no gammorreans :)].
Almost always the server is full (36/36) with players.
Played a lot (and still) there and the ff caused no any problem. The players learned to take care each other and (still) there is a det/rocket/mine "noobing" but everythings works well.
If tk happened they say "sry". Isnt it easy?
And ofc i could play with the standard unit (sbd, riffleman etc) without getting killed by dets every 2 sec.
The only bad thing is u easily can go into minus point score if make tk but no kill enemy.
The admin there kicks out if u keep the minus points for some time.
But with this (priceless reason) kick option the game still awesome.

I think turning the ff on will be a great succes on getting the server much better. Ofc this is only my personal opinion.
But if for wouch, i stands for "ON".
§ May the Darkness protect you and the powers of Hell shine upon your path... §
§ Pusztíts, hogy élhess, teremts, hogy uralkodhass! §
Pietro
Community Member

Steam ID: P3t3r_Sh3ph3rd

Postby Eyes Only » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:07 am

Pietro wrote:
Matt-Chicago wrote:This has been tried before and there used to be lots of US ff-on conquest servers, but they've since all died.
The only servers which survived are JBA, Merc, and SP Dark Force - all with ff-off.

If you want to try ff-on feel free on the NYC server, it can be better for small battles, but as others have said, 36 people on conquest with ff-on and it's would be tk city.

In europe there is a german server named EntenteichII with ff on and heroes off [and no gammorreans :)].
Almost always the server is full (36/36) with players.
Played a lot (and still) there and the ff caused no any problem. The players learned to take care each other and (still) there is a det/rocket/mine "noobing" but everythings works well.
If tk happened they say "sry". Isnt it easy?
And ofc i could play with the standard unit (sbd, riffleman etc) without getting killed by dets every 2 sec.
The only bad thing is u easily can go into minus point score if make tk but no kill enemy.
The admin there kicks out if u keep the minus points for some time.
But with this (priceless reason) kick option the game still awesome.

I think turning the ff on will be a great succes on getting the server much better. Ofc this is only my personal opinion.
But if for wouch, i stands for "ON".

This is an AMERICAN server. The idiocy that happens in JBA is due to everyone being lazy and not wanting to take the time to actually LEARN how to play the game.
FOO :mrt3:
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby deadmeow » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:34 am

Eintech has FF on??? How silly those Europeans are. :clap:
deadmeow
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II