admin abuse...again

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: admin abuse...again

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:13 am

Part 1:
Booting/Banning you for excessive TK would not be anywhere near abuse. Especially since we've kicked you for it before, and you still continue to do it carelessly, especially when focusing on a single person.

And yes, you do actually fixate on other players, I've seen you ks tp and tk just to get me, or do some synchronized swimming routine with Leggz to corner me. I'm not saying it's bad to hunt/fixate on players, I just don't think tking to get that person is the way to play the game. Tonight you dashed dashed dashed into your teammates and me until I was dead, acquiring 4 tks in one fight. That was when I warned you in chat. And then after that you did apologize to one person yes.

My point about the TK was that you are crying out abuse but you're not coming from solid ground since you were already rule-breaking this evening.

If the team swap wasn't a big deal, since you're saying you can play on both teams, then there shouldn't be any issues and questions as to why.

Part 2:
By the way, thank you!
You are actually supporting Sawyer's balancing since you said Sawyer doesn't rate:

-Dread your logic is that Sawyer doesn't rate, and you are not challenged by him. Sawyer took your place on the heroes team.
-Sawyer's logic is that the teams weren't balanced and needed to be, so he swapped you to Villains thus making the Villains more powerful and the heroes less powerful (according to your logic).

Doesn't that make the balancing, which you opposed, legitimate?

Continuing this train of thought, the balancing is now legitimate (thanks to your logic) you wanted an explanation and he told you it was to balance. You saw him a couple minutes later on heroes and complained. He told you to hush little one (since he already did tell you the reason before), and you cried wolf calling abuse. He said if you don't like it you can leave, and to not start with the admin abuse. You demanded an explanation and he gave it to you with a boot from the server.

So, in conclusion (and thanks again for your previous post):
You think you are better than Sawyer, Sawyer thought the teams needed balance, so he swapped you both. Thus balancing the teams. You didn't like his reason, you continued, you got booted. You say you can play on both teams, so the issue of being swapped isn't a big deal.

Pretty cut and dry to me.
Thanks for that last post, it really helped put everything into place. :)
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby KOko » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:12 am

At last we have some drama again!

G vs Gmrz (ex.WGO), thats a classic! It's clear there are personal grudges that will never end. Guys just dont take em to the SWGO servers please!

A careless players, a nervous admins.... it's ok. Players pushing rules, questioning admins actions disrespectfuly; admins not following protocols... it's not ok.
We at SWGO dont swap players at will. Any smart admin should know how to lure a player in a rulebreaking so he can kick him for a reason :twisted:
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:44 am

On the teaming element i.e. a number of players against one person; I have noticed this happens more and more against experience players. You tend to have one or pullers and a pusher and the same on the other side to include choke/dash etc coming after you. This in my eyes is a challenge especially if the players coming after you are experienced. This however can be frustrating for other players as the overwhelming groups of players attacking them can cause feelings to start running a little high and we are into the chat-wars where players begin venting their frustrations. I understand that it is a team based game so to overcome greater odds the use of small teams are sometimes employed to achieve success against a single player who is difficult to beat 1v1 or 1v2.

It is very rare I change anyone in-game to the other team unless the teams is extremely unbalanced however I have I might add done this myself in the past. What I tend to do is restart the game if there is a significant imbalance as this then spreads the numbers equally once more and prevents issues from arising.

Regarding this issue I might have been on the server briefly before all of this started as Grundle/Dread asked this about the balance of the teams.

Chat log below:

06/03/2011 19:20:31 : #[Grundle] what is the hero vill ratio?
06/03/2011 19:21:31 : #[(SWGO)Kren] in terms of numbers
06/03/2011 19:21:31 : #[Grundle] must be "quality" not quantity
06/03/2011 19:21:38 : #[(SWGO)Kren] skill wise....slightly different

There were 11 on each side however as mentioned the skills of one team were slightly better than another’s but only slightly.

When you have an experienced player using a puller this can be quite devastating for the opposite team however if the same player is using dash kills then I would also expect the same player to be careful and mindful as not to tk. Running-in slashing wildly as we know causes deaths on the opposite team but also yours. Tking as we know causes a domino effect and for the younger players it starts retaliation wars. I have joined many a game where this has happened and I had to result in warning, kicking some players to restore normality within the game.

I think everyone should realise by now that people are there to have fun. When the extra baggage comes along relating to venting, ksing, tping and tking then the game starts to be less than enjoyable. Prevention (warning) is the best method however sometimes cure (kicking/banning) is the only alternative when players refuse to listen to the admin or follow the server rules.

>>Admins...perhaps the discussion we are all having on the subject of warnings etc should include something about team swaps just to clarify the position. Once there is an agreement lets get this as announcement on the server just so it is clear for players. That should then hopefully help clarify the position of the admins should any situation like this one arise in the future.

Regards,

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:30 am

Not again.....

@grundel
I agree partly whith narg do u really prepare a speach to come here?
Look your an expirienced forcer but frankly you tk a lot.
Many times i see you earning the traitor award.
Also an admin abuse is an admin who usses his privledges to boot/ban players for his own agenda.
What the admins did was for the common good.

@any admin
Just to prevent problems ask for the switch first.

@grundel again
Next time dont overreact like this a kick is nothing.

Ps. The title has an error admin abuse again.
There was no previos abuse so it cant be "again"

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby samonuh » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:00 am

Sawyer wrote:YAWN YAWN MASSIVE YAWN

But Dread I do love how you change the story to suit you're small mind, to help you feel better about yourself. Now before I talk about the claim of abuse :lol: You should know that even though you and Leggz and others of you're horribly little clan are amongst the most unpopular people playing the game I personally don't care. Leggz is just a fool, but your'e kind off a creepy old idiot with a bad temper and judging by your piss poor attitude to like every one over a 5 year period you have a massive chip in on your shoulder that I don't give a [poo] about.

Well, this is just soooooooo professional of you *sarcasm*. First of all, GMRZ is not a clan, it's a community[, and it has the best and most popular FFA server ingame.Secondly, Leggz is not a part of GMRZ, he is only a friend to a few members. Also, your accusations that "Dread is a creepy old idiot with a bad temper" is completely wrong. You're the one with the bad attitude, as your post shows, and Dread is more intellectually sound than most, if not all, of the people in SWGO...

Have a nice day
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:06 am

samonuh wrote:
Sawyer wrote:YAWN YAWN MASSIVE YAWN

But Dread I do love how you change the story to suit you're small mind, to help you feel better about yourself. Now before I talk about the claim of abuse :lol: You should know that even though you and Leggz and others of you're horribly little clan are amongst the most unpopular people playing the game I personally don't care. Leggz is just a fool, but your'e kind off a creepy old idiot with a bad temper and judging by your piss poor attitude to like every one over a 5 year period you have a massive chip in on your shoulder that I don't give a [poo] about.

Well, this is just soooooooo professional of you *sarcasm*. First of all, GMRZ is not a clan, it's a community[, and it has the best and most popular FFA server ingame.Secondly, Leggz is not a part of GMRZ, he is only a friend to a few members. Also, your accusations that "Dread is a creepy old idiot with a bad temper" is completely wrong. You're the one with the bad attitude, as your post shows, and Dread is more intellectually sound than most, if not all, of the people in SWGO...

Have a nice day

And not a [poo] was given that day.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby -)G(-Sawyer » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Weird I don't seem to have a lot of post complaining about me being a bad admin or my bad attitude and yet the Star Wars community as a whole is littered with endless post from good old Dread moaning and winging about others. It's like his some kind of little school boy sucking up to the teacher. Dread you really are Dreadful, you join servers almost all the time with an appalling attitude towards players, admins and the basic rules. but if you feel like somebody wrongs you, you come here to cry about it. It really is a very high level of pathetic behaviour for a boy let alone an adult, totally shameful.

And as it may seem to some this is not to do with -)G(- clan vs them or anyone else for that mater. It's to do with bad players bringing down the game and atmosphere of the servers, endlessly in Dreads case. A couple weeks ago I joined the server to find Dread arguing and being disrespectful to Imaim. As normal Dread would not stop with this nonsense even though Imaim was letting him get away with it, and the endless calls from Dread saying Imaim is abusing admin went on and on and on.
Now I've had my disagreements with Imaim in the past sadly, and hopefully that's been left in the past now, but what I like about Imaim is his attitude in game, just easy going fun and fair player/admin. But according to Dread Imaim is a bad admin and abuses his power.

So yes Dread for reasons like these that I do have a bad attitude towards you. As an admin I do have to watch you to make sure your not harassing players or other admins. I've never said what I do is 100% right all of the time and never will but when it comes to trouble makers like you I really don't care what you think. It's you who needs to change for the game and yourself, it cant be easy being you. If you make an effort to change and improve yourself I will make an effort to reward you with the same treatment I extend to other players who play fair.
"If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"
General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett
-)G(-Sawyer
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Sawyer73
Steam ID: Sawyer1701

Postby Dad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:33 pm

I got one thing to say to this...

Are you effing kidding me? IT IS A GAME!!!!!!!
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby Matt-Chicago » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:10 pm

I don't like seeing threads like this for many reasons.

We all know there are rivalries here and that's all well and fine.

Admins do have leeway to change people's team to balance things out and keep the game fun for all. This is not to be done in a vindictive way, or targeting players which we don't like. I don't think there's much of an abuse case here but I also wouldn't say it was handled properly either.

Dread - you are kind of known as a repeat offender with things like ks and disrespecting (or at least arguing with) admins. That doesn't mean you have to take abuse, but it does mean you'll get kicked without the usual niceties or warning. You got swapped, you didn't like it so you complained - fair enough, but then you were asked to stop harping about it and refused so you got kicked.

Admins - I ask that you don't be too heavy handed and try to maintain a respectful tone with all players especially when you're in the role of an admin. I want all players, those we like and those we don't, to be able to play and have fun on our servers.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby -)G(-Sawyer » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Matt-Chicago wrote:I don't like seeing threads like this for many reasons.

We all know there are rivalries here and that's all well and fine.

Admins do have leeway to change people's team to balance things out and keep the game fun for all. This is not to be done in a vindictive way, or targeting players which we don't like. I don't think there's much of an abuse case here but I also wouldn't say it was handled properly either.

Dread - you are kind of known as a repeat offender with things like ks and disrespecting (or at least arguing with) admins. That doesn't mean you have to take abuse, but it does mean you'll get kicked without the usual niceties or warning. You got swapped, you didn't like it so you complained - fair enough, but then you were asked to stop harping about it and refused so you got kicked.

Admins - I ask that you don't be too heavy handed and try to maintain a respectful tone with all players especially when you're in the role of an admin. I want all players, those we like and those we don't, to be able to play and have fun on our servers.

I do agree with that and keeping the server a happy place is my number one priority.

Bottom line is sometimes Dread can play without incident, but most off the time he is out to course trouble, especially when he brings a little army to help him. Now sometimes Dreads little gang can be ok, kinda like a GWL match which I enjoy and sometimes I am on his side but sadly most of the time this turns ugly and other players get either left out of the game, team pushed, team killed and generally disregarded and harassed. This was the case last night and it needed to be stooped. I could of booted him for team killing straight way, but I chose to switch our teams to break up the nonsense and let other players play without being harassed or team killed.

I'm 100% sure if it was any other player this would not have been an issue, but as we all know Dread is Dread and sadly that fact will never change.
"If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through"
General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett
-)G(-Sawyer
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Sawyer73
Steam ID: Sawyer1701

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II