Willing to help? Or just selfish?

Join our community

Re: Willing to help? Or just selfish?

Postby (Rogue).ltc.dan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:16 pm

rare :geek: if that ever happens again im gonna be confused as in why people don't help other people just like this person helped you.
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/id/rogueltc/[/url]
(Rogue).ltc.dan
Community Member

Xfire: rogue2345
Steam ID: ltc.dan

Postby BurzaP » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Well, when I play on JBA happens that engis help me. To get help you have to do few things:
-gain attention, shouting "Medic" is not a soltion,
-best thing you can do is clicking the right command and then trying to find someone who is an engi and shoot in the floor in front of him, usually person knows what do you want and life bar is yours,
-there are guyz who stay next to the robot with ammo and throw life bars so the floor is full of them
-sometimes bots from the opponent team help you...... that's amazing, peace and war.

Just being kind, not spamming x100"I need f ammo!!!!!!!" and in 33% someone will help you.... JBA's community is cool and always there is somebody who throws me lifebar, little being pleasant+patience
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby SWINE FLU » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:52 pm

When I'm an Engineer, I always get rid of mines but I only give health/ammo to people who as for it and they are close to me. If players went to everyone who called for health/ammo then the game would be pointless.

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Yea well....I sometimes do shoot to get their atencion but....

Last time i did this the player who i shot at wanted me banned for shooting him.
I think Swine will recall it :geek:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Flyswamper » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:44 pm

The design of the game, especially Hero Assault mode, does not promote teamwork. That doesn't mean that teamwork isn't very effective, but..... if the game design doesn't promote it the odds of players actually functioning as a team are pretty low.

There are other games out there that have more design features which promote teamwork. In fact, when I moved away from SWBFII and migrated to Battlefield 2 (and now Bad Company 2) the *MAIN* reason I enjoyed it so much more was because of the team work. You see, the game is designed around the idea of teamwork. Each team is broken into squads and you can spawn at the location of your squad leader or other squad members. Also, there is built-in VOIP communication right inside the game. You don't *HAVE TO* rely on teamspeak, ventrilo, xfire, etc.... to have voice communications with your squad mates. It is just there available already.

Also, depending on the game mode, there tends to be some sort of objectives such as a flag to capture and repel enemy attacks from or mcom stations to destroy/defend. These elements help emphasize the need for your team to work together if you want you team to have a prayer of winning. Certainly JBA style of SWBFII has the flags to capture which helps. However, the other games often reward players with points/achievements that only come from playing in a teamwork-oriented style. i.e. you get points for healing teammates, resupplying them, and even for stuff like spotting the enemies. There is no such direct reward for good behavior in SWBFII.

Now.... I'm not suggesting to you that those games always have great teamwork either. Certainly there is a healthy amount of players that run around as nothing but lone-wolf style players. But.... the design of the game is a dominant reason that there is MUCH MUCH more teamwork in some other games relative to SWBFII.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Jedi Power » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying all engineers are bad. Actually the larger percentage of those that are on this forum are willing to help if called. I thank those that are willing to take a second to fix a droid or toss some life my way. It is truly appreciated!

The problem comes with everyone else who plays the engineer (and there are a lot) because it is the easiest player to be. They get an effective gun, dets, can fix droids or slice, remove mines, and can provide themselves more ammo and life. What's not to love! Everyone wants to be an engineer and there are more online now than ever. Obtaining extra ammo or a fixed droid shouldn't be any issue. Being a Rocket trooper I am effective, but have very limited resources in ammo and weapons. Me alive with ammo is a much bigger problem for the opposing team... Trust me! :gunsmilie:

I am just glad I didn't serve in the Air Force when this idea of "teamwork" was around. I would have ended up dead.
:usa:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby Matt-Chicago » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:13 pm

I'm an engineer in real life. Does that make me a noob?
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby Flyswamper » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Matt-Chicago wrote:I'm an engineer in real life. Does that make me a noob?

+1

Flyswamper, P.E.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Only if you det rush your employer.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Yes.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

PreviousNext

Return to Say Hello