SWBF2 crash help!

All information and activities related to SWBF2

SWBF2 crash help!

Postby Fail » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:24 pm

hello everyone, i have a problem. everytime i open up starw ars battlefront 2 and click on the server i want to play the game crashes to desktop. i thought it might be some mp issue so i tried instrant action but again just when the map was about to load it crashed! i then tried instant campaign and galactic conques, same thing happened. i would appreciat any help available. thnaks.
Fail
Community Member

Re: SWBF2 crash help!

Postby samonuh » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:25 pm

You got the convopack?
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:59 pm

1- Try first to restart your computer

2- uninstall any mods.

3- If this doesn't help reinstall SWBF2
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Did you recently upgrade?
Are you using an AMD multi core processor?
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby Doves » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Try disabling your sound, a lot of people get that problem
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby burzerker » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:05 am

I'm running an AMD processor and had a similar problem. I found thta I have to do a cntrl alt del before hitting start game. Now hit start game, look under processes for battlefront.exe, right click, select affinity, un-select cpu1. This must be done rather quickly so have the task manager close to the game start-up sceen and I like to have the processes listed by mem usage highest to lowest. I'm pretty sure this problem only happens with an AMD processor though so I hope you know what you are running before you try this. If anyone else knows any other problems I hope they chime in as well.
"The democracy will ceases to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
burzerker
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:58 am

burzerker wrote:I'm running an AMD processor and had a similar problem. I found thta I have to do a cntrl alt del before hitting start game. Now hit start game, look under processes for battlefront.exe, right click, select affinity, un-select cpu1. This must be done rather quickly so have the task manager close to the game start-up sceen and I like to have the processes listed by mem usage highest to lowest. I'm pretty sure this problem only happens with an AMD processor though so I hope you know what you are running before you try this. If anyone else knows any other problems I hope they chime in as well.

This can be fixed easier by downloading this http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dynamic ... ItemID=153
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Postby burzerker » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Matt-Chicago wrote:
burzerker wrote:I'm running an AMD processor and had a similar problem. I found thta I have to do a cntrl alt del before hitting start game. Now hit start game, look under processes for battlefront.exe, right click, select affinity, un-select cpu1. This must be done rather quickly so have the task manager close to the game start-up sceen and I like to have the processes listed by mem usage highest to lowest. I'm pretty sure this problem only happens with an AMD processor though so I hope you know what you are running before you try this. If anyone else knows any other problems I hope they chime in as well.

This can be fixed easier by downloading this http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dynamic ... ItemID=153

Not sure if this is an AMD graphics program, it's hard to tell from the support page, but I am referring to my processor not my graphics card. Your link doesn't show the info for the program, and actually when I click on download it doesn't even let me do that. I see something on the support page for a Catalyst program but from what I read it seems to be for graphics. All I really care though is that I can play with my method whether it's the best way or not ;)
"The democracy will ceases to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
burzerker
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Matt-Chicago » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:12 pm

I used to have to do what you said, assign it to one core or it would close, that dual/multi core process optimizer fixes that. It's for AMD dual/multi core processors.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II